TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Rewatching the Tampa Bay playoff game on NFL network

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rewatching the Tampa Bay playoff game on NFL network

Post  deranged on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:45 pm

And man, did Bradshaw have a nice day. You forget because a lot of other stuff happened (Manning's first playoff win, Jacobs had a big day, on the road, in the heat, without O'Hara or Madison). But wow, Bradshaw really looked good.

I'm once again excited to see him play. Wow.

deranged
mascot
mascot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rewatching the Tampa Bay playoff game on NFL network

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:40 pm

I wish I had direct tv right now because someone erased that game on my dvr. Mad
Yeah, Bradshaw is going to be exciting to watch this season. Every time he gets the ball he breaks a tackle or two.
I think he averaged like 8 yds a carry last year. That's impressive for a rookie... actually, quite impressive for any player.
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Admin wrote:I wish I had direct tv right now because someone erased that game on my dvr. Mad
Yeah, Bradshaw is going to be exciting to watch this season. Every time he gets the ball he breaks a tackle or two.
I think he averaged like 8 yds a carry last year. That's impressive for a rookie... actually, quite impressive for any player.

Here are the regular season stats for our top 4 rushers

Brandon Jacobs, 11 GP, 201 att, 1011 yds, 5.0 ave, 91.9 yds/game, 4 TD, 5 fumbles

Derrick Ward, 8 GP, 125 att, 602 yds, 4.8 ave, 75.3 yds/game, 3 TD, 2 fumbles

Reuben Droughns, 16 GP, 85 att, 275 yds, 3.2 ave, 17.2 yds/game, 6 TD, 1 fumble

Ahmad Bradshaw, 12 GP, 23 att, 190 yds, 8.3 ave, 15.8 yds/game, 1 TD, 2 fumbles

I agree that Bradshaw was very impressive last season. But I am reserving my judgement at the moment, he only carried the ball 23 times during the regular season; that is a very small sample. Also the fact that he fumbles on almost 10% of his carries is a concern.

But Bradshaw does have plenty of potential, I am looking forward to seeing how he goes in training camp.

The way the Giants are loaded at RB, whoever gets opportunities in games will have certainly earned it Smile
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Pete,

Yes, Bradshaw's regular season stats might be limited, but he did get a lot of time in the playoffs and performed well. He was also good on kickoff returns, 38 for a 24.2 yd avg.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top