TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates
 

Giants Trivia

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giants Trivia

Post  Big_Pete on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Here is some trivia for some fun

Which Giants player will have the highest salary cap number for 2011.

Which of the Giant's players coming off contract will likely sign the biggest deal in 2011?
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:01 am

just guessing here
Eli Manning but maybe Corey Webster

Ahmad Bradshaw will get biggest deal with Steve Smith a close second imo.
avatar
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Pizan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm not sure about the salary numbers but I'd put my money on the 100 million dollar man being the highest for next season.

Eli's safety blanket aka Steve Smith should get paid the most of our free agents. Clearly Eli struggles with out him.

If they pay Bradshaw a lot I'll be talking about how it was a bad move. I like him but I would let Bradshaw walk, especially if he wants a big paid day or long term contract. Average RB's with fumbling problems are easy to replace for cheap and I think that could be a position we may intend to get a little more secure at.

Coefield should receive a decent offer as well. He's clearly having his best season, not physically dominating people just playing smart ball. Canty, Coefield, Joseph as of right now I like that moving forward.

Kiwi will probably walk with the emergence of JPP. As long as he checks out ok someone will pay him quit a bit based on the start he had this season, his versatility, and the need around the league for a legit pass rusher. Kiwi will leave for the opportunity to start elsewhere. . . well with St.Louis and Spags.
avatar
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:10 am

Here is the Answer

Eli Manning 2011 cap number - $10,857,143

Corey Webster 2011 cap number - $11,250,000



as far as the biggest contract next year, my money is on Cofield (with smith a close second). He is playing out of his skin this year. He deserves a probowl berth and with Canty are the biggest reason for the turn around this year.

Heck the stellar play of Cofield, Canty and Bernard have kept Linval Joseph largely being inactive despite the coaches really liking him.

Cofield could be in line for a deal in a similar ballpark to the one Canty got. He is the guy who could attract a lot of interest from other teams

Smith will almost certainly get his pay day and it will be quite substantial.

Bradshaw at best will get a deal akin to the one Jacobs got, both Smith and Cofield will likely get more.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 am

Pizan wrote:
Kiwi will probably walk with the emergence of JPP. As long as he checks out ok someone will pay him quit a bit based on the start he had this season, his versatility, and the need around the league for a legit pass rusher. Kiwi will leave for the opportunity to start elsewhere. . . well with St.Louis and Spags.

I actually think the injury could see Kiwi back (assuming his neck checks out medically, which I expect it will). His value on the open market will be a lot less and it is quite possible he could be signed for a moderate contract. NYG gives him a chance to perform in a system he knows for another year or two.

Remember Kiwi can also play SLB (which has been a problem area for us). Retaining a healthy Kiwi upgrades our LB corps and gives us great DE depth.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Pizan on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Big_Pete wrote:

Heck the stellar play of Cofield, Canty and Bernard have kept Linval Joseph largely being inactive despite the coaches really liking him.

Oh Yea Bernards 10 tackles have been game changing. . .
Laughing Lets just forget you even said that.

avatar
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Pizan wrote:
Big_Pete wrote:

Heck the stellar play of Cofield, Canty and Bernard have kept Linval Joseph largely being inactive despite the coaches really liking him.

Oh Yea Bernards 10 tackles have been game changing. . .
Laughing Lets just forget you even said that.

Sure Cofield and Canty are the twin pillars of the defensive line.

Well Bernard has been ok in his limited playing time. But Bernard is the guy most likely keeping Joseph out, most likely playing just well enough.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Pizan on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Big_Pete wrote:
Pizan wrote:
Kiwi will probably walk with the emergence of JPP. As long as he checks out ok someone will pay him quit a bit based on the start he had this season, his versatility, and the need around the league for a legit pass rusher. Kiwi will leave for the opportunity to start elsewhere. . . well with St.Louis and Spags.

I actually think the injury could see Kiwi back (assuming his neck checks out medically, which I expect it will). His value on the open market will be a lot less and it is quite possible he could be signed for a moderate contract. NYG gives him a chance to perform in a system he knows for another year or two.

Remember Kiwi can also play SLB (which has been a problem area for us). Retaining a healthy Kiwi upgrades our LB corps and gives us great DE depth.

That doesn't make much sense to me Pete. First sentence you say the injury could see Kiwi back. . . If he checks out medically. The second sentence you change tune and say his value on the open market will be a lot less. confused Why would his value on the open market be a lot less if he checks out medically? Thats rarely the case on the open market anyway. Kiwi had 4 sacks in 3 games, not to mention 11 tackles and a forced fumble. Teams will be bidding on his services. If he signs in St. Louis with Spags its because he knows the system.

Yes I remember he can play SLB, thats probably why I mentioned his versatility above as another reason why he should be a hot commodity in Free Agency. 3-4 teams and 4-3 teams will be fighting for him.
avatar
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Big_Pete on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 am

Pizan wrote:
Big_Pete wrote:
Pizan wrote:
Kiwi will probably walk with the emergence of JPP. As long as he checks out ok someone will pay him quit a bit based on the start he had this season, his versatility, and the need around the league for a legit pass rusher. Kiwi will leave for the opportunity to start elsewhere. . . well with St.Louis and Spags.

I actually think the injury could see Kiwi back (assuming his neck checks out medically, which I expect it will). His value on the open market will be a lot less and it is quite possible he could be signed for a moderate contract. NYG gives him a chance to perform in a system he knows for another year or two.

Remember Kiwi can also play SLB (which has been a problem area for us). Retaining a healthy Kiwi upgrades our LB corps and gives us great DE depth.

That doesn't make much sense to me Pete. First sentence you say the injury could see Kiwi back. . . If he checks out medically. The second sentence you change tune and say his value on the open market will be a lot less. confused Why would his value on the open market be a lot less if he checks out medically? Thats rarely the case on the open market anyway. Kiwi had 4 sacks in 3 games, not to mention 11 tackles and a forced fumble. Teams will be bidding on his services. If he signs in St. Louis with Spags its because he knows the system.

Yes I remember he can play SLB, thats probably why I mentioned his versatility above as another reason why he should be a hot commodity in Free Agency. 3-4 teams and 4-3 teams will be fighting for him.

Considering the nature of Kiwi's injury, I think teams will be wary of giving him big money until they know for sure he is medically in the clear, I think teams will consider it too much of a risk for a huge investment.

I think both Kiwanuka and Giants want to keep him here, So I think a modest one or two year contract is very possible. Kiwi would then get his big pay day.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Pizan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:47 am

In 2 years he's 30 years old. Thats an interesting time to get your big pay day and this isn't Julius Peppers we're talking about. Unless we do something with Osi, I think this is Kiwi's last season as a Giant. It makes more sense for him to sign with another team like the Rams.
avatar
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Giants Trivia

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum