TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

What are the Giants team needs?

Go down

What are the Giants team needs?

Post  Big_Pete on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm

What do you think the Giants team needs are this offseason?

How do you rank them?
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are the Giants team needs?

Post  Big_Pete on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 pm

here is my current thinking

Top needs as I see it at the moment

1. LB - A playmaking LB tops the list of needs

2. OT - A quality OT to develop for the future. Andrews is a stop gap at best with his back, Diehl should play inside. Beatty should be ok with more development, but we still need another quality Tackle.

3. CB - We need at least 3 starting calibre CBs. We also need to develop depth to allow injury coverage. At the moment there is a big drop off after Webster and Thomas and another big drop off after Ross.

4. P - Matt Dodge doesn't cut it at this point, we need better, consistent production.

5. DT - Cofield is off contract, but even if he is back we need to replace Bernard and groom talented guys for the future.

6. TE/FB - I think Pascoe sticks at FB, but we ideally need a good all round blocking TE or a bulldozer style FB.

7. C - Not essential assuming O'Hara, Seubert and Koets are healthy, but it would be nice to groom for the future.

8. S - We use a lot of 3 safety sets, hopefully Grant is back, but we could upgrade depth as Chad Jones' health status is uncertain and Johnson is off contract.

9. RB - Bradshaw and Jacobs are likely back, but we ideally should add RB depth.

10. DE - Kiwi may be back for one year if healthy, but beyond that is unlikely. The Gmen love pass rushers, so a DE is on the list.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down