TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants

4 posters

Go down

Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants Empty Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants

Post  Big_Pete Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants: report
Giants Blog

POST STAFF REPORT

Last Updated: 1:05 PM, March 17, 2011

Posted: 12:20 PM, March 17, 2011
Comments: 0
More Print

While the lockout prevents teams from talking to players, it won’t stop Justin Tuck from doing some recruiting.

The Giants defensive end said Tuesday night that he plans on talking to Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha about coming to New York.

"New York City is the place to be and that draws on its own, and plus we are a team that hasn't gotten over the [hump] and a player like him would definitely help do so," Tuck told ESPN.com.

The Jets could also be interested in Asomugha; him and Darrelle Revis are friends and have spoken in the past about joining forces. But they have a slew of free agents that they may look to re-sign, including another cornerback Antonio Cromartie, before Asomugha becomes an issue. Asomugha’s Raiders contract was voided when he failed to reach certain incentives.

The Jets and Giants won’t be alone as Asomugha will be one of the targeted free agents once a collective bargaining is reached. Tuck said he expects a collective bargaining agreement deal to get done, but not right away.

"Come July, come August, there will be a lot of scratching of heads and biting of teeth if we don't have a deal done," said Tuck, who was talking up his R.U.S.H. For Literacy charity. "Hopefully cooler heads prevail and I will find myself chasing some quarterbacks in September."

Tuck also talked about the Giants bringing back Mathias Kiwanuka, who missed all but three games of last season with a herniated disc. Kiwanuka has been cleared to play, but his contract with the Giants is up.

"[Kiwanuka] says he is healthy, been healthy," said Tuck, who spoke with Kiwanuka recently, according to the report.

"This whole lockout puts [a question mark] on where he is going to stand as far as contract-wise. He looks good and has been working out. I am definitely going to talk to the powers that be, but I know they want him back. He is one of those players you want to make sure you get him back in a Giants uniform."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/tuck_plans_to_talk_to_asomugha_about_qAsvYHE3HnlmcTXAaGup7L#ixzz1Gth71aft
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants Empty Re: Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants

Post  Big_Pete Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:10 pm

What do you think on the idea of Asomugah coming to NYG?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants Empty Re: Tuck plans to talk to Asomugha about joining Giants

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:20 pm

I like the idea. Ross likely won't be back and we could use 3 really good cb's.
I do think that it is unlikely to happen though. The Giants would have to spend a lot of dough to make it happen and I just don't see them doing that.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigblue25 Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:19 am

I guess him and Rolle are friend has well and Rolle was talking to him at the Pro Bowl about coming to NY. I think it would be great, We could use depth at corner and we would move Thomas to nickel. I don't see it happening, especially when we have to resign Smith,Coefield and Boss. Two out of those three would have to be expendable.
Bigblue25
Bigblue25
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 am

I'm fine with the secondary we have. A little more depth is all we need. I don't see the point in dumping all that money into a player like Asomugha when we have Webster somewhere in the range of 11 million.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down