TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

mock draft 29 march

3 posters

Go down

mock draft 29 march Empty mock draft 29 march

Post  Big_Pete Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Here is my current Mock Draft thinking

Trade #19 to New England for #28, #60

Trade Clint Sintim to Arizona, Houston or New England for 69, 73, 74

28. TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

52. RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech

60. C Stefan Wisniewski, Penn State

69. SLB Chris Carter, Fresno State

83. CB Brandon Burton, Utah

117. WLB Colin McCarthy, Miami

185. S Eric Hagg, Nebraska

198*. CB Cortez Allen, Citadel

202*. DE Karl Klug, Iowa

222. C Tim Barnes, Missouri

* Compensation Picks
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

mock draft 29 march Empty Re: mock draft 29 march

Post  Pizan Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:24 am

You trade sintim to get another Sintim in Carter who is a DE that will need to be converted to LB. Much like Kiwi and Sintim. I'm not diggin that. I would like a true LB, with LBer instincts, I think we all would for a change.

I like your first 3 picks and I like the trade down. I like McCarthy as a MLB.

Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 am

I have two quick ones. First one I'll just twist yours a little bit.

If we trade back I would do this.

28. Stephen Paea DT
52. Stefan Wisniewski C
60. Virgil Green TE
83. Mark Herzlich LB
114. Shiloh Keo S
185. Alex Green RB
198. Richard Sherman CB

If we stay put, I'd do this.

19. Mike Pouncey OC/OG
52. Drake Nevis DT
83. Mark Herzlich OLB
114. Shiloh Keo S
185. Alex Green RB
198. Richard Sherman CB

Not sure yet on the last two picks.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:50 am

Pizan wrote:You trade sintim to get another Sintim in Carter who is a DE that will need to be converted to LB. Much like Kiwi and Sintim. I'm not diggin that. I would like a true LB, with LBer instincts, I think we all would for a change.

I like your first 3 picks and I like the trade down. I like McCarthy as a MLB.

fair enough, and I do like Paea as an option as well.

I am not sure Pouncey will be there at 19

Fair call on Carter, there are other decent options as well such as Quan Sturdivant, or slightly later Mason Foster and KJ Wright.

I also want to see two FA LBs such as McIntosh and Ruud
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 pm

I like Rudolph. I think he might be somewhat of a "Kevin Boss clone"
Rudolph may have a little bit better athleticism than Boss but I don't like the fact that Rudolph is always injured.
I would feel more at ease if the Giants could pick him up in the second round instead.

C, Stefan W. I could live with that pick. The center position does need to be addressed this draft season.

Instead of drafting two offensive centers though, I think Mitch Petrus will get a shot at center or guard at some point.

Linebacker needs more emphasis imo.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:I like Rudolph. I think he might be somewhat of a "Kevin Boss clone"
Rudolph may have a little bit better athleticism than Boss but I don't like the fact that Rudolph is always injured.
I would feel more at ease if the Giants could pick him up in the second round instead.

C, Stefan W. I could live with that pick. The center position does need to be addressed this draft season.

Instead of drafting two offensive centers though, I think Mitch Petrus will get a shot at center or guard at some point.

Linebacker needs more emphasis imo.

Rudolph is a better comparison to guys like Jason Witten and Heath Miller imho; he is a legit all round TE. I also think this helps Boss (whom I think is an excellent #2 TE).
I think Rudolph checks out medically and if so is a potential steal (not unlike Webster and Tuck who slipped due to injury). Gronkowski had much more serious injury issues last year and did ok.
I also think that Rudolph can be that reliable third down guy (like Steve Smith) giving extra insurance against his recovery.

as far as two centers; one (Wisniewski) is a future starter; Barnes is a developmental guy, but also adds insurance for O'Hara, Seubert and Koets being heathy and allows options should one of the above not be back. Lets not forget 80% of our starting Oline is 30+, grooming for the future never hurts.

Also I don't think Petrus is seriously in the center mix; otherwise considering we have O'Hara, Seubert and Koets, Center would not be a need.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Rudolph reminds me a lot of Boss/Heap. I like Virgil Green better considering where they'll be drafted. Overall this is a very weak TE class. I like Luke Stocker as well. I still think Beckum could be a threat for us and potential starter if used right.

Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Pizan wrote:Rudolph reminds me a lot of Boss/Heap. I like Virgil Green better considering where they'll be drafted. Overall this is a very weak TE class. I like Luke Stocker as well. I still think Beckum could be a threat for us and potential starter if used right.

I have a feeling that Beckum is going to end up much like Visanthe Shiancoe did for the Giants. We'll groom him and then he'll find a bigger role for another team.

I still like Bear Pascoe as a tight end prospect for the Giants. He may not be the long term answer but he's got to be in the mix for his versatility alone.

I think you're right though Vin, We have some higher priorities than TE in the first round.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 pm

Pizan wrote:Rudolph reminds me a lot of Boss/Heap. I like Virgil Green better considering where they'll be drafted. Overall this is a very weak TE class. I like Luke Stocker as well. I still think Beckum could be a threat for us and potential starter if used right.

I also like Luke Stocker

I am not sure on Virgil Green

Two other players I like at around 28 are DT Stephen Paea and CB Aaron Williams

I suspect we may see less of the traditional FB role for the Giants with Pascoe Beckum being used more in H-Back roles
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:48 pm

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:
I think you're right though Vin, We have some higher priorities than TE in the first round.

I wouldn't rule it out, particularly if we trade back.

The giants are likely to pick the highest rated player on the board at positions they are looking to upgrade. It also depends on how the Giants scouts feel about Rudolph (and other players).

Similarly if Mark Ingram is there at #19 (which is definately possible), I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted him, despite it not being an urgent need.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down