TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Post NYG Free Agency Rumours Here

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Post NYG Free Agency Rumours Here

Post  Pizan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Just to clear things up with Plax, the meeting is scheduled for later this week. League rules wouldn't allow us to meet today. They are still working out the new CBA.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:58 pm

I really like the way Reese is going about things, he has his plans and he isnt screwing around
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Thaks for the article Pete.
"This is not college," he added. "This is professional sports. If you can't sit down and go talk to a man that you are busting your tail for, not even have the respect for anything that you have to say, like I said, the only thing I knew then was to rebel."
I find this hard to believe. I can picture Coughlin now "STFU Plax, I aint got time for your petty problems.. go away! I have to get Get Gerris Wilkinson ready for the next game"
Boo freakin' hoo. I'm gonna be late to practice, go whine to the press, and shoot myself in the foot if I don't get my way.
Gimme a break Laughing
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 pm

take note

Steve Smith is fast becoming the best WR available and they are getting a ton of cash, this bears watching......

Smith could easily get a deal around 6mil a year if not more, might be too dear for NYG, particularly if there is a 1 year deal and he may start on PUP. I could see him getting a similar deal to Rice's

Chiefs sign WR Steve Breaston (5 years)
The Chiefs signed Steve Breaston to a 5-year deal with $9.5 million guaranteed. I'll post a grade once full details are known.

Seahawks sign WR Sidney Rice (5 years, $41 million; $18 million guaranteed)
Be wary of the free agent chasing money - especially if he's a one-year wonder. Sidney Rice apparently doesn't care about winning, passing over the up-and-coming Rams in favor of the woeful, declining Seahawks. Rice will be a non-factor in 2011 with either Tarvaris Jackson or Charlie Whitehurst throwing the ball.

Jets re-sign WR Santonio Holmes (5 years, $50 million; $24 million guaranteed)
Great move by the Jets. If they had to retain only one of their receivers, it had to be Santonio Holmes, who is one of the top players at his position in the NFL. Mark Sanchez has to be thrilled.

Redskins re-sign WR Santana Moss (3 years, $15 million; $6 million guaranteed)
This is a great re-signing for the Redskins. Santana Moss is 32, but he's familiar with the system. Plus, $15 million ($6 million guaranteed) isn't very much for Moss, who is coming off a 1,100-yard season.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 am

In all fairness to Rice his former OC is now with the Seahawks. Perhaps the same reason Jackson went there. Watch out for that. I like what Seattle is doing there.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 am

The Falcons released DE Jamaal Anderson

I would like the Giants to pick him up as a cheap 4th DE, or potentially a DT

He is a better run stuffer than pass rusher at this point

he is listed at 6-6, 289
he has played 60 games (47 starts), 105 tackles (83 solo, 22 ast), 4.5 sacks, 9 Pass Def, 2 FF

Anderson has good experience and physical tools. I think he could be much better in our system with better coaching. He is still young, just 25 so there is time for him to improve.

He will be cheap and could be a good pick up
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Ehh.. Anderson is busting hard, honestly I think his next stop is with a 3-4 team. If we take the gamble on a former 1st round pick I think I'd prefer Gholston at DE. Harris or Okoye at DT.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Among the Patriots cuts were Ty Warren (which I posted in the DT threat) and Nick Kaczur OT/OG. If we are still interested in bringing a vet Olineman than Kaczur would be a nice option. He missed last season with a bulging disc. He'd be worth a vet min contract and competition at camp.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:11 pm

Giants to meet with free-agent tight end Ben Patrick

Published: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 5:06 PM Updated: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 5:06 PM
Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Stuck in a contract standoff with Kevin Boss, the Giants are looking at potential fallback options.

One of them is Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick, who is scheduled to make a visit to East Rutherford in the next day, according to someone informed of the upcoming meeting. The person requested anonymity because the Giants don't confirm free-agent visits.

Patrick, a former seventh-round pick of the Cardinals in 2007, was originally a member of the team's practice squad but worked his way up to the active roster. He played in 27 games combined from 2007-09 before playing 15 games last season with seven starts. The 6-3, 264-pound Patrick had 15 receptions for 123 yards last season.

Patrick has only two touchdowns in his career but caught a 2-yard touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  uzi716 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 pm

He went to college near my house, he was really good and very strong.

uzi716
Rookie
Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Free agent RB Jason Snelling to visit Giants
Published: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 8:54 PM Updated: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 9:05 PM
Zach Berman/The Star-Ledger By Zach Berman/The Star-Ledger

Free agent running back Jason Snelling should expect a better welcoming from the Giants tomorrow.

With Ahmad Bradshaw still unsigned, the Giants will host free agent running back Jason Snelling Monday, according to a person informed of the upcoming meeting. The person requested anonymity because the Giants don't confirm free-agent visits.

Snelling, who played four seasons with the Falcons, had 87 carries for 324 yards and two touchdowns. A power rusher, Snelling has experience as a fullback and running back. He has 74 catches combined in the last two seasons.

Snelling has never been the featured back in Atlanta, although he's had his share of big games.

Snelling rushed for 129 yards and two touchdowns with five catches for 57 yards and a score in a week 2 win over Arizona last year. He totaled 147 yards on 25 carries in the 2009 season finale.

The 27-year-old was born in Toms River.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:45 pm

RB Snellings and TE Patrick, both solid fits

looks like plan b for both Bradshaw and Boss
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Rosenhaus sent an email with a list of his players willing to play at vet min. Gabe Watson is on that list and the Giants are asking about him.

EDIT: We signed Gabe Watson DT.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:49 pm

With Zach Miller joining the Seahawks look for Boss to become a serious candidate for the Raiders.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Pizan wrote:With Zach Miller joining the Seahawks look for Boss to become a serious candidate for the Raiders.

I think it is almost certain Boss will land, he already has mentioned he wants to return west
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

With Miller in Seattle, it does open up the possibility of Seattle trading John Carlson and a draft pick for Osi
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Big_Pete wrote:With Miller in Seattle, it does open up the possibility of Seattle trading John Carlson and a draft pick for Osi

Here is a snippet I found along these lines from ESPNs John Clayton

"If Zach Miller received a long-term deal -- we're still checking -- the hawks could offer TE John Carlson and a draft choice for Osi." [Editor's Note: ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that Miller's deal is for five years].

Well, the Giants do need a TE -- their negotiations with Kevin Boss have not yielded a contract extension yet -- and getting Carlson could push them down from their demand for a first-round draft pick.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:42 am

Giants re-sign RB, Andre Brown. He was their 4th rd. draft pick in 2009.
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Honestly we shouldn't even be fulling around with BS signings like that. Andre Brown has been on 5 teams in 2 years. Let it go, admit you made a mistake, its over.

I'm starting to notice more and more a trend of Jerry Reese and an ego problem.

We also brought in DE/OLB Andre Carter for a visit yesterday. I think at DE this guy could still give us 8+ sacks in relief duty.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Pizan wrote:Honestly we shouldn't even be fulling around with BS signings like that. Andre Brown has been on 5 teams in 2 years. Let it go, admit you made a mistake, its over.

I'm starting to notice more and more a trend of Jerry Reese and an ego problem.

We also brought in DE/OLB Andre Carter for a visit yesterday. I think at DE this guy could still give us 8+ sacks in relief duty.

Much rather Snellings than Brown

I like the idea of Carter though, a good experienced vet.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top