TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Tom Coughlin is getting an Extension

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tom Coughlin is getting an Extension

Post  Pizan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Nothing official just yet, just have faith.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tom Coughlin is getting an Extension

Post  Pizan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:44 pm

They are now saying its a 1 year extension thru 2012.

Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Giants coach Tom Coughlin agrees to contract extension through 2012
Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:27 PM Updated: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:48 PM
Zach Berman/The Star-Ledger By Zach Berman/The Star-Ledger

Tom Coughlin has agreed to a contract extension through 2012, the Giants announced today. His deal was set to expire at the end of this season.

“As we said after the season, we strongly believe in Tom,” president John Mara said. “We believe in the job he has done, and we believe in his ability to lead our team in the future. Everybody was on the same page in arriving at the extension.”

Coughlin, who will be 65 next month, faced speculation at the end of last season about his job security. Even though the Giants won the Super Bowl in 2008, the team has failed to make the postseason the last two seasons. The team made it clear at the end of last season that he'd return.

“As I was when I was hired in 2004, I am grateful for the opportunity,” Coughlin said. “To be the head coach of the New York Giants is the fulfillment of a dream for somebody who grew up where I grew up and when I grew up. As I have said roughly a thousand times, we’re all on one-year contracts in this business, but the reality is that I am thankful to work for people like the Maras and the Tisches and with people like (General Manager) Jerry Reese and his staff, as well as my coaching staff and our players.”

Coughlin was hired in 2004 and has only had one losing season with the team. He has a 65-47 career record with the team with two NFC East titles.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 pm

No shock, the Giants never let a coach enter the last year of his deal.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top