TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Justin Tuck may not play against redskins

3 posters

Go down

Justin Tuck may not play against redskins Empty Justin Tuck may not play against redskins

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:54 pm

It's unclear at this point if Tuck will play this Sunday's game due to neck injury.
If Tuck is out that leaves the Giants with Pierre-Paul and Tollefson as the likely DE starters.
My gut tells me that Tuck will be out there but you never know with this type of injury.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Justin Tuck may not play against redskins Empty Re: Justin Tuck may not play against redskins

Post  Big_Pete Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 pm

It would be interesting to see what happens if Tuck can't go.

Perhaps we could slide Kiwanuka back to DE and put Herzlich in at SLB. The giants defense is built around our pass rush and no disrespect to Tollefson, we need our best ends out there. Also we would need Tollefson to rotate in as the 3rd DE to keep JPP and Kiwi fresh.

Thinking about it, this would make the most sense, if Tuck isn't right to go. It is only the first game, I would rather wait to make sure Tuck is 100% before we put him in, I don't want another key player out because we rushed him in.

I think Herzlich, Jones and Paysinger will do a good job beside Boley. Remember Jones will likely have the radio link to Fewell to help.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Justin Tuck may not play against redskins Empty Re: Justin Tuck may not play against redskins

Post  uzi716 Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Its a good thing we're playing the Redskins week 1, even with our injuries we can still beat them.

uzi716
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:49 am

uzi716 wrote:Its a good thing we're playing the Redskins week 1, even with our injuries we can still beat them.
Lots of confidence there, let's hope so.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down