TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Pizan's Mock Draft 2012

3 posters

Go down

Pizan's Mock Draft 2012  Empty Pizan's Mock Draft 2012

Post  Pizan Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 pm

What you all been waiting for (Jerry I'm talking to you) is finally here.

*Osi traded for 3rd and 5th round picks; Kiwi moved back to DE

Round 1 (32) Donta Hightower LB Alabama
- Old school LB who can take our defense to another level right away. Very smart leader. Great at stopping the run. Very aggressive taking on blocks, it gives me chills. Explodes into his tackle. Very good pass rusher as well. Better in zone coverage than people give him credit for. The more I watch him the more I like him. This is the guy we've been waiting for.

Round 2 (63) David Wilson RB V-Tech
- Very fast all around back can also kick return for more immediate production. Gets to top speed very quickly. Clocked in the 4.3's. Would catch rabbits as a kid growing up. Likes to do back flips (hey, it worked for us last time). Very special player who we may need to move up a few picks for in the second to get. Has to do a better job securing the football.

Round 3 (94) Omar Bolden CB Arizona St.
- Tore his ACL last season but was a late first early 2nd round talent before that. Physical, good cover corner, comparable to Terrel Thomas. This is a value pick at this point in the draft.

*Devon Wylie WR Fresno St. - Quick off the line and a good route runner who isn't afraid of the middle of the field. Very fast, clocked at a 4.39 at the combine. A good deep threat who has experience in the slot as well as on the outside. Also a dangerous returner.

Round 4 (127) Brandon Hardin DB Oregon St. - Played CB in college but projects to FS in the pros. Very impressive at his proday 4.43, 10'4" broad jump, 35.5" vertical, 24 reps. Physical, good tackler, with very fluid hips for a 6'3 215lb player. Did not play last season due to a shoulder injury. Very good special teams player as well.

(131) Brett Roy DL Nevada
- A bit undersized but very strong and quick off the snap. Hard worker with a non-stop motor. Can play either DT or DE. One of the nations leaders in Tackles for Loss. Originally recruited to play safety but kept getting bigger and eventually moved to DT. Ultimately I think he finds himself listed as a DE in the pros but can easily move to DT for an interior pass rush when we use those packages. One of my favorite prospects in the draft. I know its high praise but I'm gonna say it anyway, at DE I think he has Jared Allen / Justin Tuck potential.

*Round 5 David Molk OC Michigan - True hard nosed football player. Very strong with 41 reps. 2011 Rimington Trophy Winner (Top Center). 4 years of starting experience.

Round 6 (201) Adrian Hamilton DE/OLB Prairie View - Started his collegiate career with Texas Tech then transferred to Prairie View. He finished last season with 20.5 sacks and 26.5 tackles for loss, with six forced fumbles. Thats hard to ignore coming from any college program. Very much in the mold of former SWAC player Robert Mathis. Draws a lot of comparisons to Mathis because of his first step and the way he fires off the ball.

Round 7 (239) Jeff Adams OT Columbia - A 3 time all first team Ivy league player who held his own in the East-West Shrine game. Obviously he has the smarts to pick up an NFL playbook quickly but also brings an 82" wingspan to the table. A Jeff Hatch type experiment with a cheaper price tag.

Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Pizan's Mock Draft 2012  Empty Re: Pizan's Mock Draft 2012

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 am

Hightower is a player that reminds me of Pierce but with potential to be even better.
He also reminds me of Mark Herzlich judging by college vids.
My only issue is whether he's a three down player or two down in today's nfl? He would be a safe pick that I could live with though.

I like David Wilson. Might be my favorite runner coming out this year. He consistently gets extra yds by making defenders miss. He has plenty of power to get inside and move the ball too.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 am

I don't think Hightower is there but I don't like the pick. (I do like his talent though)

Hightower is not a three down LB. It doesn't make sense to invest a first round pick on essentially a two down player (albeit a good one).

I do like Wilson and he could well be in the mix at 32, I just suspect Reese will look at RB later in the draft (based on his track record)

I like Bolden, Hardin and Wylie; I suspect Bolden and Hardin could be available later value wise.

Molk and Hamilton are intriguing.

All in all a nice job Vin, I could live with that.
If we do trade Osi, a 3rd and 5th seems about right. I could see Baltimore or New England offering a late 2nd for Osi (#60/#62). That is pretty much the same as an early 3rd and both teams did try to trade for Osi last year (and offered late 2nd).
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:02 am

I think the 2 down backer tag on Hightower comes misinformed. People look at his weight and automatically label him as that.. But when you actually watch his tape he's an underrated zone cover backer and is a very good pass rusher. Now do I expect to see him in our nickle packages as a backer? No. We already have those guys in Boley and Williams. Hightower is more than capable of playing 3 downs. In Mayocks mock Hightower went a few picks before us to the Ravens so its not a stretch to see him at 32 Thursday night.

Also, I don't want to seem like I gave up on Herz. I'm still a big supporter of his and I think he'll be starting soon enough. I just think Hightower is too good of a defensive talent to pass up at that point in the draft.

Mel Kiper had David Wilson going to us in the 2nd round as well. I could see him slipping to that point because of Wilsons fumble problems and he has a bad habit of trying to make something outta nothing and ends up losing yards. He needs to become a more disciplined runner. At 32... Thats a little early. If we are targeting him as our first pick we should try to get tricky and trade back a little. I really like Wilson so I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 am

I think Reese is generally happy with the LBs we have already, and wants to see how they develop.

I am looking forward to seeing how Herzlich, Williams, Jones and Paysinger go with a full offseason.

Im not saying that Hightower isnt a good player, Im not sure it happens.

Personally I like Wilson and Doug Martin at 63, I'm just not sure it will happen
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down