TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

At 63 NYG select...

3 posters

Go down

At 63 NYG select... Empty At 63 NYG select...

Post  Big_Pete Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

WR Ruben Randle, LSU

I am ok with this pick but would rather other options (like Ronnell Lewis). Randle was rated in the forst round mix, so he is good value.

He is very raw and has good physical tools and is a big target (6-2, 210), with good hands and good blocking. He was average speed wise at the combine (4.55), but made it up with a 4.4 at his pro day.

He wasn't very productive, mind you LSU had atrocious QB play. He stll managed
53 rec for 917 yds, 17.3 average, 8 TDs.

I will admit I wasn't intitially overly enthused about this pick, but I am coming around a little
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

At 63 NYG select... Empty Re: At 63 NYG select...

Post  Big_Pete Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 pm

I do like Randle more than all the other WRs selected in round 2
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 am

I'm happy about the pick. I didn't think he would be there honestly. This is a big physical receiver who works well against press coverage. Another thing I noticed about Randle is that he does a very good job at giving the QB his numbers on slants and routes in the middle of the field. He also has plenty of practice time against the better corners to come out of college in recent years (Patrick Peterson, Mo Claiborne, and the Honeybadger). The camp battle between him and Barden should be very good. This also allows us to keep Cruz in the slot where he did most of his damage last year.

Sure I wanted Ronnel Lewis but as we got closer to our pick and Randle was still on the board I thought we were going to jump up to get him. I was at work telling everyone Rueben Randle was going to be the pick. Way too good of a talent to pass up at that point in the draft. This dude is polished and ready for the pros now. Barden will have his hands full fending him off.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:48 am

Randall looks like he can easily play at a pro level. He has all the tools, size, speed, good hands.
He should be a good one for us.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down