TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates
 

DL Nate Robinson waived

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Big_Pete on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 pm

from insidefootball.com

Robinson Waived

The Giants waived rookie DL Nate Robinson, who yesterday tweaked his hamstring and was unable to work today. I'm guessing tomorrow we'll have a roster addition.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 am

Big_Pete wrote:from insidefootball.com

Robinson Waived

The Giants waived rookie DL Nate Robinson, who yesterday tweaked his hamstring and was unable to work today. I'm guessing tomorrow we'll have a roster addition.
huh, they may have already replaced him. I saw a #75 on the field but couldn't get a name to go with the jersey.
avatar
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:09 am

TD wrote:
Big_Pete wrote:from insidefootball.com

Robinson Waived

The Giants waived rookie DL Nate Robinson, who yesterday tweaked his hamstring and was unable to work today. I'm guessing tomorrow we'll have a roster addition.
huh, they may have already replaced him. I saw a #75 on the field but couldn't get a name to go with the jersey.

That is very interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants added TE Eric Johnson for veteran depth behind Boss.

The Saint recently released him.
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:18 am

I did some digging....

according to

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=8b62763f5dbd4ef7a5c7e7d9903f7f9a.giants_camp_football_nytr106&prov=ap

#75 was Alex Morrow

which is interesting, because officially on the roster he is listed as #78 (although that could be slightly inaccurate as someone could be signed but not announced)

if that is the case, maybe Morrow has moved to #75 to allow a veteran to have #78?

In which case any decent players use #78 that the Giants could realisticall sign in free agency or trade for?
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 am

Ok, yep it was Morrow. I remember I couldn't make out the back of his jersey from a distance and chuckled to myself becuase it looked like Moron from where I was and #75 wasn't on the sheet that I took with me.
What a terrible way to remember someone by. Embarassed
avatar
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:09 pm

TD wrote:Ok, yep it was Morrow. I remember I couldn't make out the back of his jersey from a distance and chuckled to myself becuase it looked like Moron from where I was and #75 wasn't on the sheet that I took with me.
What a terrible way to remember someone by. Embarassed

It is unusual that he is wearing #75 on field and has #78 on the official roster

something must be happening behind the scenes

was #75 Robinson's former number?
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Big_Pete on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:11 pm

sounds like we have his replacement, Dahl may be back in the mix as well

from kffl.com


Giants | J. Clark signed
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:24:12 -0700

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants of signed free-agent DL Jeremy Clark (Eagles). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Giants | Dahl works out Saturday
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 10:25:14 -0700

Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports free-agent S Craig Dahl (Giants) worked out for the New York Giants Saturday, July 26.

Does anyone know much about Jeremy Clark?
avatar
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DL Nate Robinson waived

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum