TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants LB’s coaching & Defense

Go down

Giants LB’s coaching & Defense Empty Giants LB’s coaching & Defense

Post  Big_Pete Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm

I found this interesting snippet of information and I pretty much agree with what is said.

from http://thehuddlereport.wordpress.com/2008/09/02/random-thoughts-13/

The Giants LB’s coaching & Defense is amazing to me. Every year I look at the lack of overall speed at the LB position for the Giants and shake my head. I know they have a very good front four but the coaching that is being down on the defense is really very underrated. Those LB’s seem to always be in the right position to make a play in spite of the lack of speed. That my friends is coaching.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants LB’s coaching & Defense Empty Re: Giants LB’s coaching & Defense

Post  Big_Pete Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:41 pm

It seems like Almost every year, I (and many others) are hoping that we add a quality LB, particularly OLB in free agency or the draft and each year it seems the front office go other ways. I will give the front office some well deserved credit, the players they bring in do have talent, and they certainly get the best out of them;

There have been some quality LB prospects that I don't understand why we haven't drafted one at some point. Don't get me started on my thoughts when we
A). Drafted Kiwanuka
B). Moved him to SLB just so he could get on the field

It just seems that we are not quite getting the best out of our defense;

by the way, I also discusses the LB options for the Giants with Drew Boylhart by email. Here is part of it

Peter,

That defense needs speed at the LB position. They also seem to like size. That is the big problem because it is very hard to get both size and speedunless you pick early in the draft. (or so it seems).

I think at some point the DC is going to have to go for more speed at the LB position and let the frontfour take care of the size issue.

Look for fast LB's in the 230 to 240 range with good instincts and brains. Your DC puts a high priority on brains. He wants smart LB's; I think both LB players you talked about would be a good fit.

Drew Boylhart
The Huddle Report.com
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down