TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009

2 posters

Go down

my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009 Empty my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009

Post  Big_Pete Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 am

I suspect the Giants will seriously look at Boston College lineman BJ Raji (6-1, 323, 5.15) if he is available, in fact I wouldn't be overly surprised if they traded up to get him.

They have no major needs with solid starters at all almost all positions and excellent depth at every position. Plus the WR, CB, DB and S classes (perhaps their biggest needs) are quite deep.

The Giants love BC linemen.

It fits well with Coughlin's philosophy of winning the battle of the trenches, plus give Spagnuolo more options (The Eagles have a history of loading up at DT).

The one think the Giants lack on defense (ever since Keith Hamilton's reitrement) is that dominant run stuffer inside.

At DE they will have a dominant rotation with Umenyiora, Tuck and Kiwanuka; but they really could upgrade inside. Raji would give them a genuine prescence inside to add to the rotation of Robbins, Cofield and Alford. Either it will take pressure of the Ends or allow Raji (and the other DTs) more opportunities to make plays inside.

Raji's prescence would also allow the LBs more freedom to make plays.

Adding a guy like Raji would make what is already a good defence really nasty.

Personally, I think Raji will be rather high on the Giants' radar next april
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009 Empty Re: my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 am

I had a chance to watch Raji play last week against VT. He looked solid and disrupted a few plays. Pretty quick for a big man.
I wouldn't mind if the Giants selected him in the first. Especially if he continues to make plays like this.

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009 Empty Re: my early thoughts on the Gmen's top draft priority for 2009

Post  Big_Pete Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm

I was a little wary initially myself, but he has really stood out very strongly and is quite possibly the best DT in the draft (juniors included).

nice video as well.

We probably do need to upgrade our LBs as well (particularly ones who can cover), but there is plenty of talent this year
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down