TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

Bill Sheridan DC option

3 posters

Go down

Bill Sheridan DC option Empty Bill Sheridan DC option

Post  Big_Pete Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm

from bbi.com

Bill Sheridan Would Have Replaced Spagnuolo?: According to Newsday, had Giants’ Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo left the Giants last offseason to become a head coach of the Washington Redskins, Giants’ Linebacker Coach Bill Sheridan would have replaced him as defensive coordinator. The paper says Giants’ Defensive Backs Coach Peter Giunta would also have been a candidate.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Bill Sheridan DC option Empty Re: Bill Sheridan DC option

Post  Big_Pete Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:44 pm

If this is true, I wonder whether that is because the Giants feel Sheridan is the best candidate or due to the fact the better coaches were already off the market.

How would people feel with Sheridan as our defensive coordinator if Spagnuolo got a head coaching gig?

It is almost certain that Spagnuolo will at least get interviews in our bye week
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Spags is the top candidate for a HC job, while I don't expect him to be back next season, I hope he is. As for Sheridan, well I don't know much about him but I have confidence that Reese and Co will make the right decisions.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:43 am

Just thought I'd share these two links on the two coaches.
Bill Sheridan
Peter Giunta
Based on this, Coughlin would have to have a lot of faith in Sheridan because Giunta definately has the better resume. Giunta has experience as a defensive coordinator and assitant head coach on a good defense on a superbowl team.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 am

I will admit that Sheridan is under the radar at the moment, but the Giants will know very well what he brin gs to the table.

I am not too worried, the last time the Giants brought in a young defensive position coach for DC, it turned out pretty well.

In many ways it makes alot of sense for the Giants to promote from within, We have a system which is really suits our playing talent; it doesn't make alot of sense to bring in someone from outside the organisation.

I am not giving up on Spags yet btw. He is very well paid (better than some position coaches) and the teams in need of coaches need alot of help.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see a serious overhaul of our defensive front seven next offseason; particularly at LB and DT
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:59 pm

What about Marty Schottenheimer as a DC option if Spags leaves?

from kffl.com

NFL | Schottenheimer may be interested in coaching
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:38:48 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports former San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer is willing to coach again in the right situation surrounded by the right people, according to a league source.

There is no doubt that Marty knows his stuff, and his philosophy/attitude would mesh really well with Coughlin's. Plus the Giants are an excellent team to work with
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down