TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Andre Brown really impresses

Go down

Andre Brown really impresses Empty Andre Brown really impresses

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Andre Brown is really impressing people, some think he may be the steal of the draft (I have to agree)

here is an interesting interview from Giants.com
http://www.giants.com/player/?file_300=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fcp50514.edgefcs.net%2Fondemand%2F50515%2F50515%2F2009_rookie_camp%2F09_0508_22.flv

from http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/05/breaking_down_new_york_giants.html

RB Andre Brown (fourth round), NC State. There's no arguing the Giants' ability to compile talent at this position over the past couple of years. In fact, they've often had too much, as they were forced to trade Ryan Grant to the Packers two years ago because there was no room for him on the roster. So chances are the glowing scouting reports on Brown's ability are pretty accurate. The question is how quickly can he pick up on the little things the Giants expect from their backs, such as pass protection -- which actually isn't so "little" to them. Danny Ware was slow to develop in those areas and acclimate himself to the playbook and the scheme, but the third-year back is ready to help offset the loss of Derrick Ward. That should make for an interesting battle with Brown, whom general manager Jerry Reese compared to Ward.

Last edited by Big_Pete on Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Andre Brown really impresses Empty Re: Andre Brown really impresses

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 08, 2009 7:38 pm

from http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-10-40/What-can-Brown-do-for-the-Giants-.html

What can Brown do for the Giants?

May 8, 2009 6:02 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

The New York Giants' rookie minicamp began Friday and will last through Sunday. The Beast will speak with first-round pick Hakeem Nicks on Saturday afternoon.

Today, fourth-round pick Andre Brown met with reporters. The Giants think he can compete for Derrick Ward's old job. Here's the exchange between a reporter and Brown.

Jerry Reese spoke about you after the draft and he compared you to Derrick Ward and said that you wore [No.] 24 but you looked like [No.] 34 out there. Do you see that comparison?

Andre Brown: Derrick Ward was a great back here. Thank you for the comparisons. I'm going to just go out here and play the game that I know how to play. If they want me to be that back, I can. I'm going to go out here and work hard and try to do anything I can to help this team out to get to a championship.

Pretty good answer. The more I hear about Brown, the more it seems like he could be the steal of the draft. Reese and Tom Coughlin love creating competition during minicamps and training camp. The position battle involving Danny Ware, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brown is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited by Big_Pete on Fri May 08, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 pm

from http://trainathought.insidefootball.com/2009/05/rmc-am.html

I was very impressed with RB Andre Brown. He showed good quickness and incredible vision with finding the hole. I think this kid could be the steal of the draft. And to boot, he’s a character whom I think will fit in very nicely with the running back group. I managed to get a few minutes in with him toward the end of the media session, and I’ll share what we talked about in my longer report, but suffice to say I will be talking to this young man again.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 pm

from http://www.giants.com/news/transcripts/story.asp?story_id=37070

Transcript: RB Andre Brown

MAY 8, 2009

RE: Coach’s comment to you at practice.

A: I broke a couple and I was a little slow coming back to the huddle. He said, ‘You’re not used to getting that many carries.’ I was like, ‘I’ll try to get used to it.’

Q: It looked at the end of the run like you were favoring your hamstring.

A: No, no, no. I’m fine. It was just they said finish it 25 yards down the field. I finished down there.

Q: Jerry Reese spoke about you after the draft and he compared you to Derrick Ward. And said that you wore 24 but you looked like 34 out there. Do you see that comparison?

A: Derrick Ward was a great back here. Thank you for the comparisons. I’m going to just go out here and play the game that I know how to play. If they want me to be that back, I can. I’m going to go out here and work hard and try to do anything I can to help this team out to get to a championship.

Q: How would you describe yourself – your style of running?

A: I’m a downhill type of back with good hands. Coach told me that I had good hands, so I guess I’m going to ride off Coach that I have good hands.

Q: Are you equally comfortable running or catching?

A: Oh yeah, I did a lot of that in college. I’m comfortable catching the ball and just running with the ball.

Q: Your running backs coach (Jason Swepson) played for Coughlin (at Boston College). Did he tell you that? Did he give you any suggestions about what to expect?

A: He told me to go out there and work hard. I just got off the phone with him. He asked how practice went. He said to just remember to keep finishing runs. Just when you think you have given enough, give more. That is all it is, is just coming out here and keep working hard.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down