TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected?

2 posters

Go down

Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected? Empty Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected?

Post  Big_Pete Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Here is a letter to the editor I recently sent to insidefootball.com

Let me know what you think?

The Giants had a promising start to the season. With the disappointing losses in the last two weeks, it is understandable for many people to ask: Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected?

I suspect the answer is a bit of both. The biggest It seems to me that are the large number of potent power rushing attacks last season, teams are focusing on stopping the run a lot more this year. Rushing numbers, particularly rushing TDs, are significantly lower than last year. This is noticeable on power running teams such as Tennessee, Carolina, Atlanta, NY Giants, NY Jets, Dallas, Washington etc - they are not having anywhere near the same kind of success from last year. I suspect we are seeing something of a shift in NFL, teams have adapted.

With that said The Giants still have a balanced offense and are generally doing very well through the air. Overall we have a very good team with a deep core of players. I think it is largely just a hic-up at the moment. It is worth remembering there have been a lot of changes with schemes this offseason on both sides of the ball, bumps in the road are to be expected along the way.

Adjustments certainly need to be made, but Coughlin and everyone will get the team back on track. We started to see that this week with an improved effort on defense. I expect the Giants will continue to improve as the season progresses. I guess they could be best described as a work in progress at the moment, but with a lot of potential. Let's see how they respond.... -- Peter M.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected? Empty Re: Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected?

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:28 am

I don't care who was playing the Saints two weeks ago they would have lost. The Saints played a perfect game and were destined to win that one right from the get go.
That's no excuse for the Giants, a loss is still a loss.. but just saying.

With that said. I'm extremely dissapointed that the Giants didn't come out on fire against the Cardinals after their butt whooping from the Saints. Our defense should have played better than what they did.

It won't get any easier this sunday against the eagles. We may have problems if we don't find a way to win this one.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected? Empty Re: Is this a bump in the road or are the Giants just not as good as expected?

Post  Big_Pete Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:03 am

I think this season is facing a critical week

I think we will either rebound and come out firing after the byw week, or we will will have a very tough 3-way fight for the division

are we a 12-4 or 11-5 team? or are we 9-7 or even 8-8 (and a very real chance of missing the playoffs.

I think we should be able to beat the Eagles it all comes down to performace.

My big concern is our deep coverage again, the Eagles have deep speed and a prolific passining game. If we can't deal with it this week, I think we may struggle for the rest of the season.

this season is on a knife edge and could go either way.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 am

I know this is very early, but if this team doesn't rebound in a big way, I could see the coaching carousel coming to New York in some format.

I have to admit my confidence in Coughlin has been shaken over the last few week.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down