TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc

2 posters

Go down

Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc Empty Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc

Post  Big_Pete Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 pm

from giants.com

LB Pierce out indefinitely with injury
By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

NOVEMBER 20, 2009

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - Giants middle linebacker Antonio Pierce was diagnosed with a bulging disc in his neck this afternoon and will be sidelined indefinitely, according to the team's medical staff.

Pierce underwent an MRI today at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and was examined by team physician Dr. Russell Warren and Dr. Frank Camissa, Chief of the Spinal Surgical Services at HSS.

Pierce originally suffered a burner in the Arizona game on October 25 and experienced very little discomfort until practice this week, at which point the team's medical staff scheduled this afternoon's MRI.

"I'm shocked with what I heard from the doctors this afternoon," said Pierce. "I had no idea that what happened a few weeks ago could keep me off the field. I didn't think it was that serious. I'm going to do everything the doctors tell me to do so I can get back out on the field as soon as possible.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc Empty Re: Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc

Post  Big_Pete Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:48 pm

This is disappointing for Pierce as he had been starting to play well

This could be a career ending injury.

from a tem point of view, I am reasonably comfortable that Blackburn and Goff can get the job done inside.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc Empty Re: Pierce out indefinately with a bulgin disc

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:12 pm

We're lucky to have Blackburn in this situation
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down