TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Julius peppers could be on Giants radar

3 posters

Go down

Julius peppers could be on Giants radar Empty Julius peppers could be on Giants radar

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm

WFAN made a statement this morning that the Giants are getting suited to make a 7 year 100 million dollar offer to Julius Peppers.
Another source close to the Giants free agency plans says there is no truth behind this.

As always, this time of year is pretty crazy with rumors and ramblings.

What's your thoughts if this were to happen though?

Is this the end of the Osi era?
Is it possible to keep both players around?
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Julius peppers could be on Giants radar Empty Re: Julius peppers could be on Giants radar

Post  Big_Pete Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm

This is interesting

I think it would be unlikely, but if it is true, then either Osi is on the way out, or Kiwi will either move to SLB or be traded. I don't think we would sign Peppers if we keep Osi and Kiwi
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Julius peppers could be on Giants radar Empty Re: Julius peppers could be on Giants radar

Post  Pizan Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm

After paying Eli all that damn money I doubt we put another 100 million dollar contract out there. I think this is one of those fan rumors gone crazy. I think Peppers will be a Bear on the first day of free agency.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:10 pm

It is possible, but unlikely

cap wise it is very possible, we have contracts like Pierce, Burress and Robbins of the books.

but I don't see the big splash in free agency
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Well by the way it looks we dont have to worry about a cap. It comes down to if its smart for the team. And it isnt. Paying a 100 mil to a player on the wrong side of 30 is never a good idea. Especially when that player relies heavy on his athleticism.

If there is any truth behind it, my guess is we are doing what we have done the last few years. We did it with Leonard Davis to raise that price on the Cowboys and we did it last year to raise the price on Haynesworth for the skins. Its said the Skins and the Eagles are both interested in Peppers. So we could be at it again.

Also if we have a trade in the works for Osi, this could diminish that value of the trade.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 am

I don't think I can really see this happening neither. That is just a lot of money wrapped up in this team.

A lot of money would be upfront because it is unlikely for Peppers to play out a 7 year contract at age 30.

Maybe the Bears will be the big spenders on him.
I don't see the eagles spending big bucks, they rarely do.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down