TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Tiki praises Eli, Giants

2 posters

Go down

Tiki praises Eli, Giants Empty Tiki praises Eli, Giants

Post  Big_Pete Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 pm

from kffl.com

Giants | T. Barber praises Manning
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:09:15 -0700

Dan Tomasino, of the New York Post, reports former NFL RB Tiki Barber has recently praised New York Giants QB Eli Manning after criticizing his leadership last year. "He's always been one who it didn't matter what people thought of him, it only mattered how he could grow," Barber said. "When I was there you could see him growing. People will still doubt him at some point during the year, but he can know in his mind and his heart, 'I've done it already, so I can do it again.'"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants | T. Barber thinks off-field issues won't hurt Giants
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:01:36 -0700

Dan Tomasino, of the New York Post, reports former NFL RB Tiki Barber said he does not think the New York Giants off-field issues will affect the team once the season starts. "I don't think it matters," Barber said. "As we saw last year with Michael [Strahan, who skipped training camp], people thought it was going to be a big issue and it turned out not to be. I don't think, come Sundays in the fall, it matters too much to players."
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Tiki praises Eli, Giants Empty Re: Tiki praises Eli, Giants

Post  Big_Pete Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 pm

That is more in line with Tiki's charcter.

I guess he was just saying things as he saw them last year; but his timing was aweful.

I think Tiki had some valid points which were issues at the time; but this team resolved all those issues.

I will say this, Tiki has always been very team focused.

I know Tiki disagreed with Coughlin's methods; but obviously they are effective.

I think he earned back alot of respect from Giants fans.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Big_Pete wrote:That is more in line with Tiki's charcter.

I guess he was just saying things as he saw them last year; but his timing was aweful.

I think Tiki had some valid points which were issues at the time; but this team resolved all those issues.

I will say this, Tiki has always been very team focused.

I know Tiki disagreed with Coughlin's methods; but obviously they are effective.

I think he earned back alot of respect from Giants fans.
Coughlin or Tiki? Yea Coughlin earned a lot, but many Giant fans had the attitude of "Tiki who Question "

I never had anything against Tiki, he was a great player and thats all that mattered. I wish he would have led the Giants to a ring.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down