TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

article - Nicks to have breakout season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

article - Nicks to have breakout season

Post  Big_Pete on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 pm

what do you think?

from espn.com

Scouts' Eye: Offensive surprises
Count on Giants' Nicks and Dolphins' Henne to make major strides in 2010

Williamson By Matt Williamson
Scouts Inc.

With training camps set to get cranking this week, let's examine five offensive players who might surprise in 2010. Next Monday, we'll examine five defensive players.

Hakeem Nicks, WR, New York Giants

I am always extremely reluctant to use the term "No. 1 wide receiver," but that is exactly what I see in Nicks. He has great size and strength -- and he knows how to use it. He gets deep and can make big plays at all levels because of his great after-the-catch abilities.

Nicks is both quick and fast. He is a red zone threat and a strong route runner with excellent hands. He sprained his foot in Week 1 last season and finished the year with wrist and hamstring injuries. He needed to have a screw inserted in his toe this offseason, but it didn't show up on film: He was spectacular despite the injuries.

Obviously, Nicks is very tough. He is mentally tough as well, coming through against tough competition. Rookie wideouts don't often do what Nicks was able to accomplish. But there is much more to come. I also considered another member of the Giants' offense for this article, Ahmad Bradshaw. If I am correct on both, this offense might be lethal.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: article - Nicks to have breakout season

Post  Big_Pete on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Matt Mosley's prediction for Nicks

Giants: Hakeem Nicks will have 1,250 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. Seriously.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Nicks and Bradshaw are going to be studs this year.

I can see Bradshaw taking half the carries by mid-season.

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm

It's going to be hard with Nicks to get 1250 yds but hey.. cool if he does.
I see a slightly better average than last year which is fine. Smith and Manningham will get their opportunities too.
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

TD wrote:It's going to be hard with Nicks to get 1250 yds but hey.. cool if he does.
I see a slightly better average than last year which is fine. Smith and Manningham will get their opportunities too.
I agree, too many good receivers for that much productions (barring the unthinkable).

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm

I think Nicks can have that kind of season.

I agree, Bradshaw could emerge as the primary RB, but Jacobs isn't going to give up without a fight.

If Jacobs can get back to around 4 yard a carry, he will be the main guy. His bruising style punishes LBs and wears them down, that is pretty unique.

I think the split will be closer to 50-50

While I am hopeful for the running game, I am not really happy with either option. Personally if I was Reese I would start seeing if any good RBs are available via trade.
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

I like Nicks to have a big season. Smith will stay the guy Eli goes to when he has to convert but Nicks will become the #1. He's far to talented. My prediction is 90 receptions 1300 yards 13tds.

Assuming both stay healthy I think Jacobs gets back to doing what he use to do and Bradshaw stays being that nice compliment. His body can't take being much more than that. I wouldn't mind us trading for Marshawn Lynch. Especially considering Jacobs and Bradshaw being injury prone. I think Jacobs and Lynch would be an awesome 1-2 punch with Bradshaw sprinkled in but used primarily as a returner.
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 am

there are a few things that will help Nicks

1. Teams will focus on Smith
2. Beckum and Boss will have a bigger role in the passing game
3. Eli is developing into a top QB
4, Eli and the WRs are already on the same page, this year builds on last year's platform
5. Our ground came should be solid
6. Nicks is healthy
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top