TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giant D

3 posters

Go down

Giant D Empty Giant D

Post  Big_Pete Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:14 am

Can I just say wow, the Giants D really stepped up against the Bears.

This is the kind of performance I have been expecting all year.

Good to see Joseph get on the field, how did he do?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giant D Empty Re: Giant D

Post  Pizan Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:10 am

They played pretty well but I'd attribute more of our success to the Bears horrendous oline play. They were flat out terrible.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:54 am

The Giants really made an impression in this one.
Mix a bad O-line and a hungry D-line and this is what you get. A record breaking 9 sacks in one half!

Nothing too fancy just a base 4-3 defense for the most part with a few blitzing schemes from what I could tell.

The Giants offense made me nervous as heck most of the night though. They couldn't score for nothing until towards the end. This games should have been more like 50-0 with the way the Giants defense was stopping them.
Give credit to the Giants defensive secondary also for covering so well. They allowed time for those front guys to get them sacks

Matt Dodge needs to get booted from the team. he had 4 pre-season games and 4 real games now and hasn't shown any sign of getting better.
Reynaud has proved nothing this year also. The Giants should have just left the returning job to someone else they already had on the roster.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Pizan wrote:They played pretty well but I'd attribute more of our success to the Bears horrendous oline play. They were flat out terrible.

Perhaps, but I am going to take it

It is still promissing signs and perhaps something we can build on

also remember the Colts Oline was supposed to be horrendous before we played them
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:35 am

People said that who know nothing about the Colts.

As far as the topic at hand, Martz play calling was a huge factor. He kept calling plays with WRs running deep timely routes as in some sort of effort to spread us out and get Olsen underneath. It didnt work, instead he should of kept it to quick hits and moved Olsen out wide to create a better mismatch. The Bears offense played horrible. It was obvious their game plan wasn't working and there was no plan B. We blitzed Cutler only 5 times. 8 of 9 sacks came with just a 4 man rush. Their Oline gave us those sacks. While the announcers were trying to put most of the blame on Cutler they failed to mention the Bears used 7 and 8 blockers frequently. Two Ints came when they tried to force the ball to Olsen because the receivers were running routes that were taking to long to develop. Martz gave Cutler only one true target, Olsen, and he was blanketed by Boley and another defender all game.

I'm happy about the win but much like after the Carolina game I warned about our defense not playing as well as it looked on the surface and then we got torched the following two games. I'm telling you guys again, our defense wasn't as good as it looked and again I give more credit to the opposing teams offense and game plan than to us.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I totally agree there is a huge way to go, but I do think these are early steps in the right direction.

We will have to see if we can build on it.

The most impressive thing to me was the penalty turnaround. It indicates to me this team is getting back on track (at least someways)
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down