TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

A defensive collapse

2 posters

Go down

A defensive collapse Empty A defensive collapse

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 pm

The Giants defense is just terrible.
They can't stop the run, can't cover receivers, and can't get pressure on the QB no more.
What is wrong? Perry Fewell is no Spagnuolo, I get that but we shouldn't be this bad.
Do we miss Barry Cofield that much because runningbacks have their way with us when running straight through the middle. Our DB's are no where even close to the pass receivers.
I don't get it but the defense sucks right now and has for a while.
It's a shame because Eli is having a real good year minus a few plays here and there.

I'm frustrated and disgusted by the Giants defensive play.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

A defensive collapse Empty Re: A defensive collapse

Post  Pizan Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Our defense is absolutely horrible. There is waaay to much talent on that side of the ball. Fewell is too predictable with his play calling and now he's calling out the players? The same players who made him look good during the Patriots game? Whether TC stays or not I want him gone after the season.

A lot of this should fall on the hands of Coughlin and Reese too. They continue to ignore the LB position like it isn't needed. We need LBs! Kiwi can't play for shit unless he's moving forward. Thank god Osi's hurt, now put Kiwi on rotation with Tuck and JPP get him away from the LB position. Herz, Williams, and Boley should be the only players seeing time at LB. Everyone else is a huge liability. They are acting like Kiwi is Demarcus Ware, like moving him around is actually giving offenses fits. Stop that garbage. Put his hand down thats where he is best for us. Teams see him in coverage or playing space and they target him.

We need to play a defense thats easier to pick up for guys like Herz and Williams. That would be a traditional defense. TC and the crew went into the season with nothing but rookies. This is what they get. Now they have to admit they did wrong and let the best play and build continuity or they are all going to continue to look clueless out there.

The coaching staff and team management are 100% to blame for this defensive collapse.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down