TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media

2 posters

Go down

Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media Empty Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

from insidefootball.com

For those anxiously awaiting former tight end Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media, here are some excerpts:

Q: What happened with the situation in New York?
A: I just think that Mickey and Sean wanted me more than New York. I think New York got a fair package. Hopefully New Orleans will have a really good package. It's a very good situation.

Q: Did you not think that this would happen after a deal was not consummated after the draft?
A: Leading up to the draft, you hear a lot of rumor and speculation. My mother lives down in Texas, so she reads all the papers. I didn't give up hope. Really at that time, I was just trying to get healthy. I had never had a really serious injury before in my life. I never gave up hope. I want to thank my agent Drew (Rosenhaus); he obviously helped make this thing happen as well. I wouldn't say that I ever gave up. It was always in the back of my head, even after the draft.

Q: Were you surprised when it finally happened?
A: I was relieved. I wasn't surprised. There were a bunch of rumors. If I had gone back to the Giants no matter what it would have been a circus. I'd have went up there if they kept me, there would have been all of the rumors if they were better off without me, this, that. The last thing I wanted to do was be a distraction. That's one of the reasons I didn't want to go to the Super Bowl. I wasn't healthy. They did a great job. I didn't want to be a distraction to that team. If I went, I'm a distraction. If I didn't go, I was a distraction. It's the same thing if I had gone up to play for the Giants. I'm just very happy to have the opportunity I have in this city and with this team.

Q: Are you happy to be in a little more media friendly and less media intense environment than New York City?
A: Actually I think my family is. They're the ones, my mother especially that read the newspaper. I always hear about it from my brother and it doesn't really bother me. Obviously I'd like to just concentrate on football besides looking to be a distraction, being in the paper, being out here, going over here, this city, whatever. It gets out of control a little bit. Obviously I'm happy. I'm happy in the situation more than anything else.

Q: Did having to sit out that Super Bowl run last year give you a new perspective or new appreciation for the game?
A: Sometimes it's good to sit back and watch. You want to be out there. The things that were written that I was unhappy, I never said anything in the paper, they just wrote their own thing, their own synopsis. I'm very happy for those guys up there, coaches, everyone. They did a great job and they deserved everything they got.

Q: One of the things that were said in those New York papers was that you wanted to be the number one option in the offense. Did you ever feel that way?
A: I think they used me as pretty much the number one option. I led the team in receptions a couple times. I don't know who quoted that.

Q: Can you respond to a quote that said you were seeking revenge on the Giants?
A: Where was that quote? I said that?

Q: Would you look forward to playing the Giants which you are scheduled to do next year in the regular season or if both teams qualify for the playoffs this year?

A: I look forward to playing every team. Obviously if you've been on a team for so long and play that team, that's just natural. I look forward to practicing against the Houston Texans in a week or so. I don't have any personal vendetta against the Giants
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media Empty Re: Jeremy Shockey’s first press conference with the New Orleans media

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:56 pm

I personally have no hard feeling against Shockey, and I wish him well. He's a lot of fun to watch and he's one hell of a competitor.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down