TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

my weekend at training camp

3 posters

Go down

my weekend at training camp Empty my weekend at training camp

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Got back from Albany last night and watched Friday afternoon and Saturday mornings practice. I won't get into a detailed info about who did what because you could probably get a better idea from reading one of the giants beat writers articles here's one

Some of my quick thoughts though:

Ramses Barden looks to be the real deal. He made a very impressive play catching a ball over 2 defenders that looked very "Plax like"
Barden also showed great hands and seemed to get off the line quick for being such a big guy.

Nicks made some nice catches Friday but sat the sidelines Saturday I think

Manningham got past the secondary and showed his speed and caught a nice long ball by Manning. Credit Manning for a nice thrown ball.

Tried to watch rookie, Travis Beckum some but didn't see much called his way.
I think there's a good chance that Darcy Johnson could end playing the halfback role that the coaches thought Beckum would be doing this year (just a hunch). Darcy displayed some speed and good hands for a TE. He made a few nice catches in traffic.

Eli looked light years ahead of our other QBs imo. If we have to rely on Carr then our season may be tanked. I would love to be proved wrong in case something ever happened to Eli though.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

my weekend at training camp Empty Re: my weekend at training camp

Post  Big_Pete Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:27 am

that would have been an awesome weekend Smile

a couple of questions how have Kiwanuka and Alford looked?

This is Kiwanuka's first full offseason as a pure DE, I am keen to see how he goes.

I have also heard that the Giants are planning to use some 5-1-5 defenses with Tuck playing NT. I am very keen to see how that shapes up.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 am

I really didn't key in on watching Kiwi a whole bunch so I'm not sure. I did notice Tollefson was getting a lot of the reps on the right side though. Not sure who the tackle was most of the time blocking him, but Tollefson really wasn't getting any penetration.

I noticed Alford and Canty getting some good push on the line Friday, but then I think Canty sat out saturday with some minor injury.

Also, Sintim showed some nice range with a few short pass break ups and his coverage proved to be pretty tight.

Unfortunately I left before saturday evenings practice and missed the big fight
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 am

One other thing of note;
Jacobs looked really fresh and faster than were used to seeing him. His cuts were there and his receiving ability was great. He caught everything thrown his way and just looked like a natural receiver out there... I know that may sound hard to believe with his past of the dropsies.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:16 am

Good to hear! I'm glad you had a good time. I'm going to try to get there in late August, probably early to mid 20s.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down