TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term

3 posters

Go down

Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term Empty Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:59 am

Former New York Giant Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty Thursday to a weapons charge and agreed to a two-year prison term for accidentally shooting himself at a Manhattan nightclub.

Plaxico Burress and his wife, Tiffany, arrive at a court date for the ex-Giants star earlier this year. The ex-wide receiver pleaded guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon, a lesser charge than he initially faced. Under a plea agreement, he agreed to a two-year prison sentence and two years of supervised release.

Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faced a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years if convicted at a trial.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/football/giants/Ex-Giant_Burress_pleads_guilty_in_weapons_case_gets_two-year_sentence.html
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term Empty Re: Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term

Post  Big_Pete Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I think that is harsh being similar o what Vick got

but then again, NY has thetoughest Gun laws an he sot himself with a nunregitered,concealed gun

and the DA is makng an example of him

all in all I ahappy this is al over now
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term Empty Re: Plaxico Burress receives a 2 year prison term

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:39 pm

It seems harsh compared to most states I agree, but it's actually very favorable for Plax since it's should be a 3.5 year sentence in NY.... and that's just for carrying a gun. Plax's gun was fired in a public place... even if accidental.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Big_Pete wrote:

all in all I ahappy this is al over now
I agree.. Let's play some football cheers
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Burress is stupid, but he's not a bad guy. Two years is far too much in my opinion.

Didn't the DA want to cut a deal very early on with like a 3 month prison sentence, or something like that, but Burress turned it down because he didn't want to do any jail time (which I don't blame him). If my memory serves me correctly, then damn what a difference that would have been. He'd be done with his time and be getting back to trying to play now (or pretty soon at least).
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down