TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

If the Giants continue at this pace...

3 posters

Go down

If the Giants continue at this pace... Empty If the Giants continue at this pace...

Post  Big_Pete Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:16 pm

To put into perspective the kind of start the Giants have had to the season, here is the projected stats the Giants are on track for.

I think if you asked us before the season, we would be rather happy with this production.

Eli Manning 278/432 comp, 64.4%, 3,878yds, 29 TD, 6 Int
David Carr 35/61 comp 57.9%, 320yds

Ahmad Bradshaw 186 att, 1,200yds, 6 TD
Brandon Jacobs 320 att, 1,136yds, 3 TD
Gartrell Johnson 35 att, 125yds

Steve Smith 118 rec, 1,539yds, 13 TD
Mario Manningham 64 rec, 1,094yds, 10 TD
Hakeem Nicks 22 rec, 387yds, 6 TD
Domenik Hixon 6 rec, 74yds
Derek Hagan 2 rec, 61 yds
Sinorice Moss 3 rec, 58 yds, 3 TD

Kevin Boss 32 rec, 458yds
Travis Beckum 16 rec, 80yds
Darcy Johnson 10 rec, 83yds

Ahmad Bradshaw 19 rec, 237yds
Brandon Jacobs 13 rec, 67yds
Madison Hedgecock 3 rec, 29yds

Naturally it won't likely end up like this, I expect Nicks, Hixon and (even) Moss to get more of a share of the load in the passing game, Ware will contribute a little more in the running game and I expect Jacobs to bounce back at some point

Even so, this does show the distribution we have amongst positions and the fact we have had a heck of a seasom so far.

btw we are on track for scoring 483pts and giving up 227
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

If the Giants continue at this pace... Empty Re: If the Giants continue at this pace...

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks for posting that. Pretty cool!
It would certainly be nice if it ended up like that but not very realistic.
The Giants have a very tough schedule from this point forward and even if the big stats drop let's just hope that the wins do not.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

If the Giants continue at this pace... Empty Re: If the Giants continue at this pace...

Post  Big_Pete Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 am

Agreed

I don't think our stats will necessarily drop that much, the way we use our guys someone is open and they can get the job done.

I think things will be a little more evenly distrubuted as we get other players more involved in the offense (such as Nicks, Hixon, Moss, Ware, Beckum etc)
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 am

Cool post Pete, the stats look great except for the rushing TDs. The Giants have been awful in the red zone, I think in part by abandoning the run in the red zone. Hopefully the Giants start pounding them in soon.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 am

NYG Hampton 27 wrote:Cool post Pete, the stats look great except for the rushing TDs. The Giants have been awful in the red zone, I think in part by abandoning the run in the red zone. Hopefully the Giants start pounding them in soon.

Agreed 38 offensive TDs is probably a little lower than we really need to be.

I would guess an average of 3 offensive TDs/Game would be more like what were are looking for; this would be a total 48TDs
So we are probably a little off where we need to be, and those 10 TDs would likely come from the running game.

I really think Jacobs is going to break out at some point this season (and he is doing ok so far), but I think he tales his game to the next level, which bodes well going into the cooler weather.

I also think this offense is building, particularly as the WRs all get healthy and more experience with their roles. Jacobs (although solid) seems close to firing on all cylinders and Bradshaw has shown flashes. As the season progresses, I think this offense will be more dangerous.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down