TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Chad Jones out of hospital

4 posters

Go down

Chad Jones out of hospital Empty Chad Jones out of hospital

Post  Big_Pete Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:20 am

from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/chad-jones-released-from-hospital/

Chad Jones released from hospital
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 27, 2010 9:51 AM ET

For the first time since his devastating car accident more than a month ago, Giants safety Chad Jones is headed home.

The Giants announced that Jones is getting out of the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, where he's been since being transferred there on June 29th from a Louisiana facility. He's reported to be in "great spirits" as he heads back to his home in New Orleans to recuperate.

Jones will return to New York in 6-8 weeks for more surgery on his leg. In the meantime, we wish him and his family all the best during this next important step in Jones' recovery.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Chad Jones out of hospital Empty Re: Chad Jones out of hospital

Post  Big_Pete Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:22 am

this is great news

Chad will soon be able to start the long journey of getting back to full health.

I wish him all the best and hope he can recover close to the condition he was before the accident
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Certainly encouraging news and wish Chad the best.
Not sure if next year is a reasonable time frame to get himself back together but absolutely hope so.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Certainly good news.

But do you guys think he might look more towards baseball when he recovers? I'd assume that getting your legs back in shape after this will be easier for baseball than as a football d-back, I could be completely wrong though. His legs will be considerably atrophied by the time he gets to start physical therapy, so baseball might look like the more viable option.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 pm

NYG Hampton 27 wrote:Certainly good news.

But do you guys think he might look more towards baseball when he recovers? I'd assume that getting your legs back in shape after this will be easier for baseball than as a football d-back, I could be completely wrong though. His legs will be considerably atrophied by the time he gets to start physical therapy, so baseball might look like the more viable option.
I thought about this as well, but I believed him when he said his heart is 100% into football before his injury.
I think Jones will stay true to his word even after his accident.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm

[quote="TD]I thought about this as well, but I believed him when he said his heart is 100% into football before his injury.
I think Jones will stay true to his word even after his accident.[/quote]I didn't know too much about him before, and didn't know he said that. Good, I'd like to see him come back and be in Blue.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:02 am

I think Jones is done with football. If he ever plays sports again I would think his doctors would talk him into playing baseball of the two.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 am

Pizan wrote:I think Jones is done with football. If he ever plays sports again I would think his doctors would talk him into playing baseball of the two.

you may be right (though I hope not).

i think the jury is out at this stage, but the prognosis is not great and there is no guarantee he can get physically back to how he was previously.

regardless Chad has a long journey back and deserves support regardless of whether he ever gets back on the turf.

Actually, I have started to look at the safety options likely available next year (both free agency and the draft_
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down