TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers

Go down

Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers Empty Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers

Post  Big_Pete Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers, release K Shayne Graham
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 5:24 PM Updated:
7 Comments

Hours after Giants coach Tom Coughlin said the Giants still had two place kickers, they were back down to one.

The team announced Monday that it claimed offensive tackle Jamon Meredith off waivers and released kicker Shayne Graham, who spent three days with the Giants and kicked four extra points in Sunday's win over the Detroit Lions while Lawrence Tynes was sidelined with a sprained ankle.

Tynes appears ready to re-join the lineup for next week's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I think he’s feeling better," Coughlin said. "I have not taken him out today and watched him plant his foot, but I know he had a little bit of bounce in his step, even on Sunday."

Meredith, a 2009 fifth-round pick by the Green Bay Packers, spent much of last season with the Buffalo Bills. He was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on Oct. 6 after the Bills let him go. The Giants put a claim in for Meredith that week, but the Lions' inferior record allowed them to receive Meredith.

The Giants again claimed Meredith after the Lions waived him last week. A 6-4½, 304-pound South Carolina product, Meredith has four starts in the NFL. He adds depth to an offensive line that continues to play without tackle William Beatty. Guard Kevin Boothe is eligible to be activated from the physically unable to perform list this week, but Coughlin did not provide an update on Boothe's return when asked on Monday.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers Empty Re: Giants claim OL Jamon Meredith off waivers

Post  Big_Pete Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:22 pm

I really like this pick up, I thought Meredith was someone worth drafting for NYG

here is what thehuddlereport said about him at the time

Drew Boylhart 3/09

Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina

STRENGTHS

Jamon has good size and athletic ability to play his position. He shows decent feet and natural agility. He does a solid job mirroring his man in pass protection and has the athletic ability to go out to the second level and block. Jamon is a smart player and looks to be a strong teammate. He works very well with his line mates and shows leadership skills through his play on the field. Jamon also shows the mental stamina to be a consistent solid offensive lineman for the next level.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Jamon needs a lot more upper body strength. Right now, he is playing his position on athletic ability but for the next level he will have to improve his balance and techniques when pass blocking and will have to get much stronger to run block. Jamon looks to have excellent work ethic and, in my opinion, it will just be a matter of time before he is ready to truly compete at the next level.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 2

Personally, I feel Jamon's true impact position for the next level will be at the LG position. I'm not convinced his body type will allow him to be a true LT, but he will be able to play that position in a pinch, which makes him a very valuable player. Because of his multi-position talent, Jamon should be a hot player in this draft and could go high in this draft. So look for Rob's board to see where this kid lands on the value board. It will still take Jamon some time to develop, but when he does, he should be a starting impact LG with the potential to be a starting LT.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down