TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants miss the playoffs again

3 posters

Go down

Giants miss the playoffs again Empty Giants miss the playoffs again

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 pm

The Giants did what they had to against the redskins but once again missed the playoffs for the second consecutive year.
The defense stepped up but the offense looked flat.
What say you? Evil or Very Mad
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Giants miss the playoffs again Empty Re: Giants miss the playoffs again

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:45 pm

The offense was the big problem imho

Hagan was ok, but frankly I expect more from Bradshaw, Jacobs, Boss and Manningham
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:50 pm

The defense stepped up for the most part.

I think Kenny Phillips became exposed though. He's just not that great at blitzing or being in the right position it seems. Maybe he was mostly draft hype.

Terrel Thomas has done a fine job most of the year. He plays almost like a safety but from the corner instead.

Rolle is a stud. Good going Reese

Osi finally came out of his shell today. He made the big plays when they counted the most. Unfortunately he only seems to play a good game every now and again and then too many so-so games in between.

Eli did fine for what he had to work with.

Losing Richie Seubert early sucked but Kevin Boothe filled in quite well. Boothe played center better than Ohara would have this week or last.

Nice job of Andrews toughing it out for the team. Announcers mentioned that he had injections right before the game. I can relate to what that must of felt like. Not easy.

Running game left a lot to be desired. Not sure if it was a product of no blocking or individual effort. Need to re-watch it.

It was a tough way to end the season that shouldn't have come down this far.
All in all, I hope it makes the Giants a better team next year.
The team struggled the last three games but I don't believe they quit on themselves or coaches.
Simply put, they underachieved. They have talent but are not as good as they were portrayed by media and fans at some times throughout the year.

better luck next year fellas!

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:The defense stepped up for the most part.

I think Kenny Phillips became exposed though. He's just not that great at blitzing or being in the right position it seems. Maybe he was mostly draft hype.

Terrel Thomas has done a fine job most of the year. He plays almost like a safety but from the corner instead.

Rolle is a stud. Good going Reese

Osi finally came out of his shell today. He made the big plays when they counted the most. Unfortunately he only seems to play a good game every now and again and then too many so-so games in between.

Eli did fine for what he had to work with.

Losing Richie Seubert early sucked but Kevin Boothe filled in quite well. Boothe played center better than Ohara would have this week or last.

Nice job of Andrews toughing it out for the team. Announcers mentioned that he had injections right before the game. I can relate to what that must of felt like. Not easy.

Running game left a lot to be desired. Not sure if it was a product of no blocking or individual effort. Need to re-watch it.

It was a tough way to end the season that shouldn't have come down this far.
All in all, I hope it makes the Giants a better team next year.
The team struggled the last three games but I don't believe they quit on themselves or coaches.
Simply put, they underachieved. They have talent but are not as good as they were portrayed by media and fans at some times throughout the year.

better luck next year fellas!

I think this team is very close, it just needs to address a few issues and positions.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth about the Eagles game, there is no way we should have lost.

We need to improve our 4th quarter play, it has been ordinary.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants miss the playoffs again Empty Giants miss playoffs ( a shame for young punter)

Post  face Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 pm

It is sad that the Giants did not make the play offs. This would have been a great venue for the young Matt Dodge to really shine and exhibit his talents. We can only hope and pray that another team doesnot scoop him up next season. Matt Dodge has displayed himself as the centerpiece for the Giants.

face
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down