TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Post draft potential roster

3 posters

Go down

Post draft potential roster Empty Post draft potential roster

Post  Big_Pete Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 pm

So heading into free agency, our potential roster shapes up something like:

(* off Contract)

QB (2): Eli Manning, Sage Rosenfels/ Jim Sorgi*/ Ryan Perriloux*

RB (3): Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw*, DJ Ware/ Da'Rel Scott/ Charles Scott

FB (1): Madison Hedgecock

WR (6): Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith*, Mario Manningham, Ramsees Barden, Jerrell Jernigan, Domenik Hixon*, Devin Thomas, Derek Hagan*, Victor Cruz, Duke Calhoun, Darius Reynaud

TE (3): Kevin Boss*, Travis Beckum, Bear Pascoe

LT (2): David Diehl, Will Beatty/ Jamon Meredith

LG (2): Rich Seubert, Mitch Petrus

C (2): Shaun O'Hara, Adam Koets

RG (2): Chris Snee, Kevin Boothe*

RT (2): Kareem McKenzie, Shawn Andrews*/ James Brewer

LDE (2): Justin Tuck, Matthias Kiwanuka*/ Dave Tollefson

RDE (2): Osi Umenyiora, Jason Pierre-Paul

NT (2): Chris Canty, Linval Joseph

UT (2): Barry Cofield*/ Rocky Bernard, Marvin Austin

SLB (2): Clint Sintim, Keith Bulluck*/ Adrian Tracy

MLB (3): Jon Goff, Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones/ Gerris Wilkinson*/ Chase Blackburn*

WLB (2): Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams

CB (5): Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Ross, Bruce Johnson

S (5): Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Deon Grant*, Tyler Sash, Michael Johnson*/ Michael Coe

K (1): Lawrence Tynes

P (1): Matt Dodge

LS (1): Zak DeOssie
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post draft potential roster Empty Re: Post draft potential roster

Post  Big_Pete Mon May 02, 2011 7:56 pm

It looks to me like Blackburn, Wilkinson and Bulluck are likely playing elsewhere.

I doubt Shawn Andrews will return.

Hixon could return for a cheap contract (if healthy), and Hagan could at least make camp. It will be a tough battle for those final roster spots at WR.

For some reason, I get the feeling that we are preparing to play without Steve Smith at least initially (due to either money or health).
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Tue May 03, 2011 4:31 am

I think Boothe will get a starters contract elsewhere. At least if I was a team I would bring him in.

I also think we pick up Andrews contract. He's a starter in 4 of the 5 spots if we need him to be. Thats worth the money. Had we drafted a guy like Castonzo he would have been replaced. I think we may upgrade over Koets with a better FA center. A possible early season starter. Someone like Samson Satele.

I read before that Smith may not be able to start the season and begin it on the PUP list. If thats the case that justifies the 3rd on JJ.

Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue May 03, 2011 6:35 am

I hadn't read anywhere that Smith may start on Pup, it was a gut feeling for me.

I am reasonably ok with that LB roster

I still think we bring a veteran most likely at MLB.

Interestingly it looks like Ruud is on the outer in Tampa, they have come out and pretty much said that Mason Foster is their MLB.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue May 03, 2011 7:47 am

Boothe is a very good player and I hope he gets re-signed.

There will probably be no room for Blackburn. It will be sad to see him leave.

Wilkinson won't be a big let down if he goes.

Need some competition for Dodge and hopefully he gets much better or we can find someone else.

Reynaud is a gonner.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Tue May 03, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm not happy at all with those LBs. lol. Nothing changed from last year. We need to acquire one or two via Free Agency. What we did in the draft at LB IMO was churn the bottom of the roster. I like that we did that and I'm hoping we can sign Herzlich.

Bulluck is definitely gone. Blackburn and Wilkinson are gone. Then it comes down to Tracy, Dillard, Williams, and Jones competing to be back ups if we don't sign anyone to compete with Sintim and Goff.

Dillard is gone IMO I really have no doubts about that. It comes down to Jones and Williams on the weakside. I really have a good feeling about Williams but Jones has versatility. If we sign a FA like Poz or Ruud in the middle and Howard on the outside to compete with Sintim it looks like this.

SLB- Sintim, Howard
MLB- Ruud/Poz, Goff
WLB- Boley, Williams/Jones

Depending what we do with other roster spots we may have room to keep one more backer. That could be Tracy for specials or an UDFA like Herzlich (fingers crossed). If we signed Herz he would definitely beat out Tracy.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue May 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Pizan wrote:I'm not happy at all with those LBs. lol. Nothing changed from last year. We need to acquire one or two via Free Agency. What we did in the draft at LB IMO was churn the bottom of the roster. I like that we did that and I'm hoping we can sign Herzlich.

Bulluck is definitely gone. Blackburn and Wilkinson are gone. Then it comes down to Tracy, Dillard, Williams, and Jones competing to be back ups if we don't sign anyone to compete with Sintim and Goff.

Dillard is gone IMO I really have no doubts about that. It comes down to Jones and Williams on the weakside. I really have a good feeling about Williams but Jones has versatility. If we sign a FA like Poz or Ruud in the middle and Howard on the outside to compete with Sintim it looks like this.

SLB- Sintim, Howard
MLB- Ruud/Poz, Goff
WLB- Boley, Williams/Jones

Depending what we do with other roster spots we may have room to keep one more backer. That could be Tracy for specials or an UDFA like Herzlich (fingers crossed). If we signed Herz he would definitely beat out Tracy.

I do think both Goff and Sintim will be better this season.

I do like your thinking at LB, Howard would be a good fit. His value won't be huge and he will be an asset on special teams.

I also think we will keep 7 LBs on the final roster.

Btw Tampa have said that Mason Foster is a MLB for them, looks like Ruud is on the way out.

Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down