TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker?

4 posters

Go down

Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker? Empty Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker?

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon May 09, 2011 8:11 pm

I firmly believe the Giants will add another linebacker if/when free agency begins.
It got me thinking if maybe a one year offer is enough to keep Kiwi around and if he is the answer for now. (if he checks out ok medically)

With the emergence of JPP, Tuck, Osi, 2- 2nd rd. tackles, 2 vet tackles. Our line is stacked and Kiwi has enough athleticism to drop back or come forward.

What do you guys think happens to Kiwi?
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker? Empty Re: Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker?

Post  Big_Pete Mon May 09, 2011 8:59 pm

What happens with Kiwi depends on two factors

1. His health

2. the FA rules we end up operating under.

If we use the same rules as 2010, Kiwi will return.

Kiwi has been medically cleared so that sounds promissing, but we don't know what his long term prognosis is.

I can see Kiwi playing here on a moderate 1 year deal to proove his health and regain value.

I could also see a team paying more to sign him, but considering the depth at DE in the draft there is a good chance most teams with major DE needs have already addressed them.

I think it is around 66% chance Kiwi is a giant next year. He knows the system and Kiwi is a good fit for the Giants.

I don't see Kiwi as an option at LB, he is purely a DE in my opinion. I could see Tuck and Kiwi primarily rotating at LDE with Osi and JPP rotating at RDE. In both cases I would expect Kiwi and JPP to get around 1/3 snaps.

There will be times we will see multiple DE sets like Spag's 4 aces.

Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker? Empty Re: Is Kiwanuka an answer at linebacker?

Post  Pizan Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm

I think Kiwi and Coefield are traded if this current deal sticks. Free Agency will suck and teams will be looking at trades. This uncertainty with Kiwi is BS IMO. The teams that will be looking at him will have their team doctors take a long look and they'll find that everything is ok.

If not, please lets not try a move to LB again. He's a DE in this defense.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

I agree Pizan, keep Kiwi as a DE.

I would like to see Kiwanuka resigned if possible, but it will depend on how much.

It is also worth noting that we didn't flirt with moving Kiwi to LB despite the problems we had at LB.

Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  IsaiahNeverDies Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Well, idk if Kiwi can full-time. He's been there before and was a liability in coverage. It really just depends on his health.
IsaiahNeverDies
IsaiahNeverDies
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down