TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Steve Smith

2 posters

Go down

Steve Smith Empty Steve Smith

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:52 am

I have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that Steve Smith will get a better deal to play elsewhere.

Sure he is coming back from injury, but he is a young probowl possession WR.
I think there is a chance Smith gets more money to play elsewhere.

My top destinations being Washington, NY Jets and St Louis. I could see Smith being an ideal fit their and these teams offering more than the Giants can pay.

But having said that we have Nicks, Manningham, Barden and Jernigan all of whom will be better, plus we have Hixon, Cruz, Thomas etc so there is plenty of depth.

Interestingly Jernigan can play a similar style to Smith.

I am not sure I like this possibility, but I could see it happening
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Steve Smith Empty Re: Steve Smith

Post  Pizan Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Thats funny I was thinking the same thing. I feel the same way about Kiwi. Although we are very deep at WR, and I think Ramses is poised to be a big time player for us, I don't want Eli to lose his safety blanket. There are quite a few teams that would love to have a WR like Steve Smith. Even if he starts the year on the pup list he could get a better contract elsewhere. If I'm the skins I make a big time run at him. You take a division rivals QBs safety valve and get a great possession wide out. Its a win-win scenario.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 pm

I agree about both Steve Smith and Kiwanuka.

I think the front office are expecting big things from Barden, but Jernigan can play the slot. Add an increased role for Beckum and we have possibilities.

I think the skins do take a good run at him, same for the Rams where he would be ideal for Sam Bradford.

I am currently wondering if instead of resigning Boss, whether we could make a run for Zach Miller if we don't sign Smith or Bradshaw.
Miller could be Eli's safety valve much like Smith as well as upgrading the run game and like it or not TEs are cheaper than WRs.

Upgrading TE with a stud like Miller, will go a long way to offsetting the loss of Steve Smith.

I'd like to see what Miller can do in a well balanced offense and a quality QB.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down