TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants-Redskins Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Giants-Redskins Thoughts Empty Giants-Redskins Thoughts

Post  Pizan Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Positives:

-JPP. Not only a relentless pass rusher. He holds ground against the run. Our line played very well vs the the run as a whole.

-Manningham/Nicks. They did a very good job stepping up.

-Ballard. Very impressive. Blocks well and does a good job finding the seam.

Negatives:

-Eli Mannning, is once again showing why we should have never paid him 100 million dollars.

-Play Calling. 4th and 1 we stack our line with extra blockers with Bradshaw in the backfield and we don't get it. We have a 265lb RB why isn't he in there? Its obvious we are running we need just a yard. A few series later its 3rd and 1. Did we learn from our mistake? No we try a sweep that never had chance. We went back 5 yards just to gain 1.

-Secondary/Fewell. Sometimes you need to get physical get the corners on the line and hit the receivers. Our corners excel in that role. We did it maybe a few times all game.

-Greg Jones does not have the lateral speed to get sideline to sideline. Him and Kiwi played well moving forward otherwise were lost.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Giants-Redskins Thoughts Empty Re: Giants-Redskins Thoughts

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Hard to argue any of your points brother.
My two biggest gripes;
Why were the safeties playing so far off? Kenny Phillips showed some range but should have never been that deep anyways.
Webster and Ross played terrible. They couldn't cover flies on crap.

I thought our d-line got good pressure considering the starters that were missing.

Oh, and Ballard looked like a beast at TE.

Gilbride needs to start calling an unpredictable game.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  uzi716 Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm

The line looked good except for when they got blitzed, then things began to fall apart. Baas looked really good against Cofield on some plays.

The line needs to be better against blitzes, we couldn't get any offensive rhythm late in the game because Washington would blitz. It has to be fixed this week because we all know how much Spagnuolo loves to blitz.

uzi716
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I only saw the highlights and some of the last quarter but here are my comments.

The oline wasn't physical enough, Diehl got manhandled too much.

Defensively there was one big head scratched for me. The giants defense is built around a good passrush. With osi and tuck out, why didn't we move kiwi to de? A rotation of JPP kiwi and Tollefson is still quite good. If there was concerns about our lbs, we could have used more 3 safety sets.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:44 am

We need to find out how serious this tuck injury is. In the mean time we need to get kiwi back on the line. We should consider signing both Mitchell and tatupu. If we wanna be stubborn and run a soft zone without any press we need a pass rush we are use too. If not our secondary will continue to look like shit. If they can't sign both at least get one to play the middle and start herz on the strong side.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 am

yeah I think your right Pizan.

We need to get Kiwi on the line, and bring in a good vet LB.

Are there any decent trade options at LB?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  uzi716 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:00 pm

I can't remember the last trade Jerry Reese made, doubt he does it.

Still hoping Tatupu is brought in, we should have enough cap space with all the guys on IR.

uzi716
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 am

uzi716 wrote:I can't remember the last trade Jerry Reese made, doubt he does it.

Still hoping Tatupu is brought in, we should have enough cap space with all the guys on IR.

The last one was last year, it was for Rosenfels and Reynaud. Before that it was Droughns I think. It wouldn't likely be a flashy player, just wondering if there is an option.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down