TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells

3 posters

Go down

NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells   Empty NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells

Post  Sect128Mike Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Per si.com:

While NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is deciding on punishment for players and listening to appeals in the Saints' bounty case, he says he won't stand in the way if New Orleans asks Bill Parcells to take over as interim coach.

"That's their decision. They need to make those decisions and we'll move forward," Goodell said Monday at the opening of an NFL pop-up store featuring new team apparel. "Bill's a great coach, and I'm sure will add a lot of personality and intrigue. And he's as competitive as they get so I'm sure he'll do a good job."

Before the Saints pick someone to run the team this year, Goodell still has to rule on coach Sean Payton's appeal of his season-long suspension, along with the appeals of shorter suspensions to assistant coach Joe Vitt and general manager Mickey Loomis and penalties handed down to the team.

Goodell expects to hear the appeals this week, and hopes to making a ruling shortly thereafter.

I would not be surprised if we hear tomorrow on Parcels.
Sect128Mike
Sect128Mike
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells   Empty Re: NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells

Post  Pizan Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 am

I think it would do Spags good to sit under Parcells for a year then return to HCing.

Last edited by Pizan on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells   Empty Re: NFL and Goodell give the OK to the Saints to hire Parcells

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am

I keep hearing all this Parcells talk but not one word from Parcells himself. What does Parcells say about it?
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sect128Mike Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 am

56 Crazed Dogs wrote:I keep hearing all this Parcells talk but not one word from Parcells himself. What does Parcells say about it?

He said if Payton asked him to do it, he would out of loyalty, but that he has not yet been asked.
Sect128Mike
Sect128Mike
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sect128Mike Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 am

Pizan wrote:I think it would do Spags could to sit under Parcells for a year then return to HCing.

I think you raise a great point. Spags seems to have motivational issues and Parcels is a master at getting the most out of players. It would do him good to learn from one of the best.
Sect128Mike
Sect128Mike
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am

Sect128Mike wrote:
Pizan wrote:I think it would do Spags could to sit under Parcells for a year then return to HCing.

I think you raise a great point. Spags seems to have motivational issues and Parcels is a master at getting the most out of players. It would do him good to learn from one of the best.
Maybe, but I would consider Coughlin a master at motivating players much like Parcells is, and Spags worked with TC long enough to learn them kind of things.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down