TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Draft Grades

3 posters

Go down

Draft Grades Empty Draft Grades

Post  Pizan Wed May 02, 2012 3:16 pm

B

Overall I'm pleased with what we got outta the draft. We did our best in the first 3 rounds but reached a bit on developmental players the rest of the way.

David Wilson will add a whole new threat to our offense. Rueben Randle and Jayron Hosley should be key role players early. 4th round picks both will need time to develop. Our best value came outta the 5th round with Keith Rivers. McCants seems to have good potential but like Kuhn may have a tough time making the roster.

How it could have been better:

- With Ronnell Lewis still available in the 4th we could have moved up a few spots using a later pick and one of the 4's.

- Trading Osi and acquiring more picks. Getting something outta Osi would have been a lot better than getting nothing. Although its not to late to trade Osi I'd prefer an immediate return rather than waiting til next year. I'm still holding out hope that we can get rid of this drama for something in return. Its time to move on.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Draft Grades Empty Re: Draft Grades

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

a B grade sounds about fair.

I like RB, David Wilson and WR, Reuben Randall a lot.

Keith Rivers for a fifth should be a bargain but it may only be a one year deal.

It might only be wishful thinking but I have a gut feeling that the rookie TE, Adrien Robinson will make an impact in a year or two as well.

WR, Julian Talley shows some skills to me also.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 am

My grade is a B-

I don't mind Wilson and Randle, they are good value. I do like Wilson, but I think Courtney Upshaw or Stephen Hill would have been better value. In the second round, I liked CB Josh Robinson, (particularly when we later picked Hosley). But Wilson and Randle are quite decent and should be good for us.

I really didn't like our 3rd round pick. I really think Ronnell Lewis as a developmental SLB was too good to pass up, partcularly with our CB depth. If we went with a CB Brandon Boykin is much better.

I really like both out 4th rounders, nice value and need.

I don't mind McCants in the 6th he is a solid developmental pick, I did like DE Cam Johnson or CB Alfonzo Dennard.

I don't mind Kuhn, he could be an interesting developmental guy.

Overall I like the draft, we did get good talent. But it could have been better.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down