TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

Osi to the Ravens?

3 posters

Go down

Osi to the Ravens? Empty Osi to the Ravens?

Post  Big_Pete Sun May 06, 2012 7:29 am

Terrell Suggs is done for the season, leaving a huge hole for the Ravens. The Ravens did offer a second round pick for Osi in 2011.

Reese has mentioned that all options are open for Osi, certainly trading the disgruntled player is on the table.

The question is, will Baltimore's need (and they are desperate) be enough for Ossie to offer enough to get a deal done?

This is a deal that makes sense. There is definate need, there is definate interest. The question is for how much?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Osi to the Ravens? Empty Re: Osi to the Ravens?

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 am

Not opposed to making a deal happen but like you say, "how much?"
If it is a first round draft selection then probably. If it is a second rounder than probably not.
A second round pick is unlikely able to impact in such a way that Osi can for one more season.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun May 06, 2012 8:19 am

Considering both GMs are good at getting good value.

I could see something like Osi Umenyiora for Paul Kruger and a conditional 2nd to 4th round pick (depending on 2012 production).

Kruger is a LB, but he is a better fit as a 4-3 DE imho; he is in the last year of his rookie deal. Kruger's 2012 salary is $615k.

Considering the Ravens have Courtney Upshaw and Sergio Kindle, they have the pass rushers to develop for the future. What they need is an impact pass rusher right now.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 am

I could see the Ravens parting with a 2nd not a 1st. Honestly I don't see the need unless Kindle can't play. With Kindle, McAdoo, Upshaw, and Kruger I think they'll be fine.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down