TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009

2 posters

Go down

Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009 Empty Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009

Post  Big_Pete Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:35 pm

It has been a bit quiet here for a bit so pehaps we should find something to discuss Smile

What do you think will be the Giants needs for 2009?

Here are the Giants coming off contract after this season:

QB David Carr
QB Anothony Wright (IR)
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Derrick Ward
RB Danny Ware (EFA)
RB Kay Jay Harris (IR)
TE Darcy Johnson (EFA)
WR Amani Toomer
OL Grey Ruegamer
DE Dave Tollefson (EFA)
DE Renaldo Wynn
DE Jerome McDougle
CB Kevin Dockery (RFA)
CB RW McQuarters
SS James Butler
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009 Empty Re: Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009

Post  Big_Pete Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Here is what I think will happen next offseason regarding our current players.

Jacobs, Ward, Butler and Webster will sign contract extentions

Ware, Johnson and Tollefson will be back (at least into camp)

Carr, Ruegamer and maybe Wynn will probably be back for reasonable contracts (at least until camp)

Dockery is an RFA and we will tender him, but unless we give him the same tender we did for Butler, there is no compensation if he signs elsewhere.

I think Droughns will be cut/retire and I doubt Toomer is back

Madison will have to really fight for a roster spot, but will at least make training camp
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009 Empty Re: Your Thoughts - Giants team needs for 2009

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm

I think at this point we really need to start worrying about bringing Jacobs back. He's the bread and butter of this offense and it all starts with him frustrating the defenses.

It might be hard to retain Ward at a low salary but I hope someway we make it possible.
I think Reuben Droughn's contract is up after this season but I don't see him on your list. He is overpaid for his production and that might free up some dough for Ward next year.

Not a lot of holes that I really can see at this point. I think we need to just go out and have another strong draft and choose some good smart football players.
Tight end and linebacker again might be worth taking a good look at in the draft.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:38 pm

I think our biggest need will be to bring both Jacobs and Ward back

I think Butler will be back, he has really stepped up this year.

after that we should look at extending key contracts that will expire after 2009 such as Eli Manning, Corey Webster, Barry Cofield and perhaps Guy Whimper

remember we will have a bit extra to play with with alot of big contracts off the books

It is likely that we could return all our starters and have a bit of cap room. It will make the draft projections very interesting
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down