TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Shockey speaks

2 posters

Go down

Shockey speaks Empty Shockey speaks

Post  deranged Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I don't think it's as bad as the media makes it out to be.

http://njmg.typepad.com/trueblue/2008/06/shockey-not-hap.html

Shockey not happy

Jeremy Shockey showed up as advertised at the Powerade Pro Challenge Saturday in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. He did not want to answer questions about his somewhat tumultuous off-season, but did offer a statement which shows all is not well between him and the Giants _ and that he may not show up at Wednesday's mandatory minicamp.

“The statement I would like to make about the Giants and the speculation in the off-season is whatever happens between the upper management, the lower management, the owners, any management is going to keep between ourselves," he said.

“Unlike the Giants, I’m going to be quiet. They have released multiple things about myself. If you look back into the media there’s always a ‘source.’ Well I’d like to know who the source is…I haven’t said one thing of disdain towards the Giants in the newspapers. I have never expressed a feeling of the things you guys made up.

“I’m here doing a great deal with Powerade and that’s it. You guys will be able to talk to me if I make it to the minicamp so you guys will have a chance to interrogate me a little bit more.”

When asked about the condition of his leg, which was broken in Week 14 of the regular season, he said,

“I feel like I’m getting better. Obviously I’m not 100 percent. If I do show up at minicamp I wouldn’t imagine me doing much just getting treatment on the leg. This is the only statement I’m going to make. This is going to be between the Giants and myself. "

Are you going to be in town for awhile?

“Who knows?” he replied. “You know me. I may go back to see my mother in Texas. I have no idea.”

Antonio Pierce and his new wife accompanied Shockey to the Powerade event, and the middle linebacker reminded all that his teammate can be rather emotional at times. When asked about Shockey's future with the Giants, Pierce said, “I want him here. What he wants to do and what the organization wants, you have to ask them that question. But Antonio Pierce wants Jeremy Shockey here. They’d be fools to get rid of him.”

After signing some autographs and playing some catch with kids at the event, Shockey was off to see the Belmont. When a reporter yelled "See you Wednesday" to him, he lowered his car window just enough to say, "Maybe not. We'll see."

deranged
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Shockey speaks Empty Re: Shockey speaks

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:08 pm

It certainly sounds like there is some hostility between Shockey and the front office. It is undertandable when there was talks behind the scenes on trading him.

I guess we will see in the next few months what kind of man shockey is.

is he a hard working, passionate, mature professional? - with a business as usual attitude??

or is he going to throw a tantrum??
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down