TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants vs Panthers

3 posters

Go down

Giants vs Panthers Empty Giants vs Panthers

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:14 am

Simply put. If the Giants win, then they have homefield advantage through-out the play-offs.
The giants can't afford to lose 3 in a row. If they lose this game it will be tough to bounce back and re-gain any type of positive momentum going forward.
Anyone missing Jacobs or Plax yet? Jacobs should be back for this Sundays game thankfully.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Giants vs Panthers Empty Re: Giants vs Panthers

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Its a huge game for the Giants, they can't play like they did the past couple of weeks. The absence of Plax and Jacobs is painfully obvious. Plus, the Giants receivers got to stop dropping passes, the past few weeks have been ridiculous.
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  gman17 Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:01 am

Guys,

Here is my take:

As I was Christmas shopping this afternoon, I had my radio on a local ESPN channel. The fickle radio heads think the Carolina Panthers are the best team in the NFC. Listening to these jabber jaws, I was chuckling. I am glad the ESPN guys like the Panthers. I think the Giants play their best when they are the underdogs.

When the Panthers prowl into the Meadowlands on Sunday night, there is going to be inclement weather. With a wintry mix and wind at Giants Stadium, I can only hope Coughlin and Gilbride have a sound offensive game plan. Brandon Jacobs (Earth) returns to the starting lineup. I want to see the Giants pound the ball against this Panther defense. The Panthers are ranked 18th in the NFL against the run. I think the Five Boroughs (Giants offensive line) will have their way with the Panthers line. Interestingly, the Panthers best run stuffer Maake Kemoeatu will most likely not play. In addition, I want to see short passes thrown to the backs, tight end, and receivers. After two dreadful offensive performances, the Giants offensive players and coaches need to redeem themselves.

Other than their impressive win over Tampa Bay on Monday Night Football, I have not seen the Panthers play all season. Although the Panthers are 11-3 overall, they are 3-3 on the road. They have a two very good running backs. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart have put up stellar numbers. Williams has 1,229 yards on 224 attempts with 14 touchdowns. Stewart has 158 carries for 751 yards and 9 touchdowns. These two backs have the Panthers as the 4th best rushing attack in the league averaging 146.1 yards per game. Indeed, the Panthers have a formidable rushing game. On the other hand, their passing game is average. They are ranked 21st in the league averaging 194.9 yards per game. QB Jake Delhomme is having a meager year. Delhomme has thrown for 2,853 yards and 14 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Despite having a decent passing game, the Panthers have perhaps one of the best receivers in the game. WR Steve Smith has 70 catches for 1,240 yards 4 touchdowns. His whopping 17.7 yards per catch indicates he is a big play receiver.

The Giants on defense must stuff the run. If they can contain Williams and Stewart, this will put the onus on Delhomme in windy/snow weather. I like the Giants chances.
I think the Giants will rebound.

I predict the Giants winning 23 to 10.

I welcome you to check out New York Football Giants
www.nygmennfl.blogspot.com
Very Happy

gman17
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content