TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants vs Eagles

2 posters

Go down

Giants vs Eagles Empty Giants vs Eagles

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 am

So here we go again, game three.
Can the Giants redeem themselves by beating the eagles at our home after getting beaten by them so bad in week 17?

The eagles are playing their best ball of the season, much like when the giants got hot at the end of last season so this is going to be as tough a game as any for the g-men.
Stopping Westbrook will be nearly impossible as always. I don't know how there going to do it but leaving a lb such as Pierce to spy him won't do it.

The only problem I have about spending so much attention to Westbrook is that this might leave the defense vulnerable by McNabb finding his other receivers. Jason Avant has good speed and ability to get open.

This game will rely heavily on how well our front four does. If they don't get in there early and often to rattle things up then I don't like our chances.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Giants vs Eagles Empty Re: Giants vs Eagles

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 am

I will be honest, this game worries me.

The Eagles are playing good football and always perform their best against us.

This is probably the toughest possible game we could have before the superbowl

I think we will be ok, certainly we will be totoally ready for the game.

The key to this game will be threefold.

1. Containing Brian Westbrook

2. Getting pressure on McNabb

3. Establish our running game

With Jacobs back in the lineup, I think our RBs will get the runn happening, and the Eagles defense will wear down as the game progresses.

We have had trouble with getting pressure on QBs; but Kiwanuka and Tuck (who wore down on the back half of the season) will be well rested. Our pass rush should be improved. Plus Spags knows the Eagles well and has plenty of time to prepare.

The major worry I have is containing Westbrook. The biggest concern I have here is our LBs; although solid they (other than Kiel) lack speed and athleticism. Our DBs are pretty good in run support.

One thing is certain, there will be no underestimating these eagles.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down