TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator

2 posters

Go down

Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator Empty Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:26 pm

This may be pretty good move actually.
Sheridan has been learning from one of the best, knows the players well, and may mean the players won't have to learn new schemes from scratch.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator Empty Re: Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm

I have no problem with this at all.

I would have liked to see an external guy considered; particularly someone with experience in another system such as Pepper Johnson
but there is alot to be said about continuity.

Sheridan was also under Tim Lewis if I am correct, so has been exposed to different ideas.

There is alot to be said for continuity and knowing the playing staff well

I am keen to see how things shape up with Sheridan Smile

The interesting thing will be to see who is the new LB coach, any suggestions?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator Empty Re: Giants promote Bill Sheridan to Defensive Coordinator

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:03 pm

I can see why the Giants made the quick decision (which was always on the cards)

There have been reports, however, that Spagnuolo may be targeting Sheridan for his defensive coordinator in St. Louis.

Could Guinta become the rams DC?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm

I have looked into Sheridan's replacement as LB coach, it seems we may already have the guy on our staff....

from Giants.com

Andre Curtis

Andre Curtis is in his third season as the Giants’ defensive quality control coach. He joined Tom Coughlin’s staff on Feb. 13, 2006.

Before joining the Giants, Curtis spent two seasons as the defensive ends coach at Georgia Southern University. Prior to that, he was a linebackers coach for four seasons at his alma mater, Virginia Military Institute. Curtis coached the outside linebackers for three seasons before coaching the inside linebackers in 2003. While on the VMI staff, Curtis worked in the Jets’ training camp for two weeks in 2002. The following year, he participated in the NFL minority internship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

As a linebacker at VMI from 1996-99, Curtis earned four letters, started 31 consecutive games and finished his career with 354 tackles. In 1998, he was selected to the All-Southern Conference first team after recording 106 tackles.

Curtis is a native of Beaverdam, Va. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics/business from VMI. Curtis and his wife, Erica, have a son, Andre Jr., who was born last year.

CURTIS AT A GLANCE
2000-02…………………….Virginia Military Institute…….outside linebackers coach
2003………………………..Virginia Military Institute………inside linebackers coach
2004-05…………………….Georgia Southern University…………..…defensive ends
2006-08……………………..New York Giants…………defensive quality control coach
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down