TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Email to Drew Boylhart (THR) regarding Connor Bawin

Go down

Email to Drew Boylhart (THR) regarding Connor Bawin Empty Email to Drew Boylhart (THR) regarding Connor Bawin

Post  Big_Pete Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:16 am

Here is my email to thehuddlereport's Drew Boylhart regarding Connor Barwin and the Giants (23rd MArch)

maybe you might find this interesting....

Drew's Response

Peter,
I think that Connor was not great at catching the ball down the field. If I remember correctly... he did fine with the short passes and blocing was no problem but struggled catching the ball deep. If I'm correct you would be wasting his talent and speed at the TE position IMO.

SLB or WLB or DE in a 4/3 would be a perfect fit.

As a MLB I think he would be weak against runs right at him and take too much of a pounding. Connor can lead from the SLB position. Your leader does not have to be a MLB.

Drew Boylhart
The Huddle Report.com

My Original Email

Hi Drew

I have a question about Connor Barwin, do you think he could play TE in the NFL?

It looks like this is something the Giants are seriously considering, they sent their TE coach Mike Pope to his pro day.

Personally I had been thinking of Barwin as an ideal fit at SLB in their 4-3, but there seems enough merit in him playing TE to give me pause.

He has the physical tools, and definately has the work ethic, plus he is a very team focused guy. Barwin is exactly the type of guy the Giants like.

He will be raw and need time to develop, but the same can be said of any position he plays; and the Giants have shown they are happy to draft based on physical tools rather than perceived draft value.

Could he be everything the Giants liked Shockey, but with a coughlin style attitude, work ethic and team focus?

On a different tangent, could Barwin play MLB for the Giants if they are looking for someone to develop as Pierce's successor inside?

kind regards

Peter
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down