TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans?

3 posters

Go down

Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans? Empty Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans?

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 15, 2009 9:30 pm

This fits in with what I have heard from certain relaible areas that Pierce is not in the Giants' long term plans; otherwise it would make sense to extend his deal.

from http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/2009/05/sources_no_extension_for_anton.html

Sources: No extension for Antonio Pierce

Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce lobbied for a contract extension before last season, but all has been very quiet of late. Maybe it's because the Giants have no intention of granting his request.

Sources familiar with the Giants' situation tell me there are no plans to extend his contract, Pierce has two years remaining on a $26 million deal he signed in 2005.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans? Empty Re: Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans?

Post  Big_Pete Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 pm

I have to be honest Pierce has been a very good player for us, but this is an areas we should upgrade in the near future.

I would have preferref Kawika Mitchell over Pierce to be honest
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans? Empty Re: Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans?

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sat May 16, 2009 7:51 am

I don't think it's a big secret that the giants don't have Pierce in their long term plans.

He'll be close to 33 when he becomes a free agent in 2011.
Until that time comes, Antonio will continue to play hard and then the right team may sign him to a short term deal.

I also think we were crazy not to re-sign Mitchell at the time but am also excited to see what Michael Boley can do for us this year on the weakside.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm

I actually don't think Pierce is back after this season.

In fact if a team gave a reasonable trade offer for Pierce, it probably would be very seriously considered
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Antonio Pierce not in Giants long term plans? Empty Pierce not in future plans

Post  Kevin Hebert Mon May 18, 2009 11:41 am

I am not at all surprised by this development. After last year's quick demise after the Plaxico self-destruction, Pierce's play fell off noticeably. Whether it is age, too many years of football, or some combination thereof, it was painful to watch Pierce get torched by Westbrook or anyone else catching a ball out of the opponents' backfield. Though Pierce has promised that he has gotten into better shape and has something to prove this coming season, I believe this will be his last as a Giant.
Kevin Hebert
Kevin Hebert
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down