TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants move into new facility

3 posters

Go down

Giants move into new facility Empty Giants move into new facility

Post  Big_Pete Mon May 18, 2009 3:19 pm

from Giants.com

Giants move into new facility
By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

Take this story to go! - RSS | Podcast | Mobile

MAY 18, 2009

PHOTOS FROM THE NEW FACILITY

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - The Giants have begun relocating to a new home for the first time in 32 years.

The Giants locker room is approximately 4,535 sqaure feet along with 69 lockers

After reporting to work in Giants Stadium every day since 1977, following the October 1976 opening of the building, the organization is moving to its new office and training facility, located just west of the stadium. The state-of-the-art, 199,000 square foot complex, sits on a 20-acre campus and will provide players, coaches and staff with a state-of-the-art learning, practice and working environment.

The Giants are not abandoning Giants Stadium entirely; they will play their home games there this year before moving in 2010 to the new stadium being built next door. But by the end of this month, the team will conduct its daily business from its beautiful new home.

“Our Giants Stadium offices have served as a great home for our organization since 1977,” said team President and CEO John Mara, “and we appreciate the cooperation and treatment we continue to receive from the NJSEA as the first tenant of the stadium. We have talked for years about having our own training facility, and it is now a reality. (Giants Chairman) Steve (Tisch) and I believe our players and coaches and staff deserve a facility like this, and it should be a source of pride for all of us, as well as our fans.”

The first group to make the move to the new facility is, appropriately, the football group, consisting of the players and coaches, as well as the training, equipment and video staffs. Over the course of the next 2-3 weeks, the remainder of the organization, including ownership and Jerry Reese and his player personnel staff, will move into its new digs.

For the players and coaches, the move means significant upgrades in several areas, from a new 4,535-square-foot football shaped locker room, a 7,500-square-foot weight room and nine meeting rooms. The auditorium is approximately 2,500 square feet with 132 seats equipped with everything needed for a team meeting to a press conference and to even a movie night. Seventy-five large-screen television monitors throughout the building support all Giants coaching video functions as well as the club’s business interests.

“I am sitting in my office and looking out over the most magnificent practice fields I think I have ever seen,” said Head Coach Tom Coughlin. “We have had a great first day in this facility. I came in by the weight room this morning, and it was my first opportunity to see it set up. (Strength and conditioning coaches) Jerry Palmieri and Markus Paul stayed until 10:30 on Friday night to get it set up. The rookies are back in today, along with the veterans, and the players are genuinely excited about their new surroundings and facilities, and we’re excited about the new facility. We’re feeling our way through right now, but we’ll be up and running at full-speed before long.”

The two-story main building is state-of-the-art in every way, from the rehabilitation pools in the training room to fully-integrated video equipment in every meeting room and coach’s office.

The complex also includes four full-length fields; three natural grass full-length fields, one FieldTurf synthetic field in the field house, and one 80-yard FieldTurf outdoor synthetic field.

Designed by architectural and design firm EwingCole and constructed by Joseph A. Natoli Construction Corporation, the Giants training complex will serve as the home for the entire Giants organization (except the ticket office) and is equipped with conference rooms, work space and state-of-the-art technology to create an efficient and friendly work environment.

The Giants training facility by the numbers:

- Is 103,000 square feet.
- The field house is approximately 93,000 square feet.
- The complex sits on 20 acres of land.
- 4 full practice fields.
- 3 full grass practice fields.
- 1 full synthetic field in field house.
- 1 80-yard synthetic field north of field house.
- Weight room approximately 7,500 square feet.
- Locker room approximately 4,535 square feet.
- 69 lockers shaped into a large football.
- 9 player meeting rooms.
- The auditorium is approximately 2,500 square feet.
- The auditorium is equipped with 132 seats.
- The dining room is approximately 5,900 square feet.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants move into new facility Empty Re: Giants move into new facility

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Mon May 18, 2009 3:56 pm

One thing I wonder is when the articles says
4 full practice fields.
3 full grass practice fields.
1 full synthetic field
are all these fields all to be shared amongst the jets?
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 pm

the Giants and Jets built separate practice facilities

The Jets moved into their new facility at Florham Park last year

info on what they got:
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/09/jets_happy_to_be_in_new_florha.html
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/525-jets-unveil-design-for-practice-facility
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Tue May 19, 2009 3:35 pm

quote from TE George Wrighster on the Giants’ new facilities:

“Today was the first day the team used the new practice facility. Man, that place is first class. Everything from the weight room, training room , locker room, kitchen to the indoor practice facility is great. It has all the bells and whistles to complete all the things you need and most things you want. It is very fancy but simple at the same time. Not overdone at all. The completion of the facility will be money well spent. I like things that are very up to date and have a lot of features but at the same time simple, easy to use and classy. The new facility is exactly that. The Giants have so much history and pride which is displayed as you walk the halls of the new facility and see the giant sized pictures of great moments in Giant and NFL history. I can see the owners and coaching staff treat the players very good. I met so many of the players today and they welcomed me in. Today reconfirmed my excitement to be a part of this team and franchise.”
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  NYG Hampton 27 Wed May 27, 2009 10:17 pm

TD wrote:One thing I wonder is when the articles says
4 full practice fields.
3 full grass practice fields.
1 full synthetic field
are all these fields all to be shared amongst the jets?
I assume that means there are 4 practice fields, of which 3 are grass and 1 is synthetic, right?
NYG Hampton 27
NYG Hampton 27
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down