TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Possible trades to come?

Go down

Possible trades to come? Empty Possible trades to come?

Post  Big_Pete Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:13 am

I have been looking at the Giants situation

I think there are some trades that will happen this preseason.

There is a log jam of talent at both WR and LB. I think Reese will trade guys to get value (much like we did with Ryan Grant), he isn't likely to let talent get away without some value.

I think we will trade one out of Mario Manningham, Sinorice Moss or David Tyree, most likely for draft picks

similarly at LB there is too much talent for the roster spots available.
We know Sintim is the heir apparent at SLB. Clark is the solid stop gap until he is ready. Pierce is there largely due to his leadership and Goff is likely the heir apparant inside. DeOssie will keep his roster spot for special teams in lieu of a traditional long snapper. Boley will likely be the eventual starter at WLB, meaning Kehl, Blackburn and Wilkinson are likely competing for a single roster spot.
We could well trade Blackburn or Wilkinson.

as far as players to trade for, we aren't going to trade for players unless we get a really good deal, but don't completely rule them out.

Tamba Hali might be a surprise option considering he seems to be struggling to make the transition to OLB in KC's new 3-4

I wouldn't rule out Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin if the Cards/Browns are willing to lower their asking price (although it could mean another WR is traded)

Last edited by Big_Pete on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Possible trades to come? Empty Re: Possible trades to come?

Post  Big_Pete Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:25 am

There is rumours the Browns are interested in bringing in Brandon Marshall, probably for Joshua Cribbs and draft picks

This would likely free up Braylon Edwards for trade (lets face it, we all know the Browns don't really want him).

I could see Reese offering up a deal like Manningham, Tyree + 2010 2nd round pick for Edwards
That would give the Browns a WR group of Marshall, Manningham, Tyree, Robiskie, Mossaquai
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Braylon Edwards is being held out of practice at camp due to some mystery injury

Roddy White and Dunta Robinson are holding out

and D'Qwell Jackson and Vince Wilfork are both very unhappy with their deals.

I could certainly see some traded happening soon
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 pm

I wouldn't mind Reese making a play for Dunta Robinson

I think we ideally need one more good DB for our secondary. It also means that Webster, Ross and Robinson all can rotate in at CB with Dockery and Smith. Robinson compliments Webster and Ross well.

Terrell Thomas could shift to FS (in addition to getting time in sub packages)

our secondary could look like:

CB: Corey Webster, Dunta Robinson, Aaron Ross, Kevin Dockery, DeAndre Smith/Stoney Woodsen

SS: Michael Johnson, CC Brown

FS: Kenny Phillips, Terrell Tomas, Shareff Rashaad/Vince Andersom
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down