TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

my take on the giants play last night

2 posters

Go down

my take on the giants play last night Empty my take on the giants play last night

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 am

Overall I was impressed at how sound the Giants looked last night, especially for a first pre-season game. I honestly was expecting a lot more flags to be thrown and many more mistakes to be made.

Not really shocking news but the Giants appear ready to be a run first team.
Jim Fox was only playing a base defense with the ones as he mentioned in a short interview at the half time break. However, Jacobs and Brandshaw had there way with them. Both players looked really fresh and Bradshaw can sure pack a punch. He looked like a mini Marion Barber. Like MB, I think Bradshaw would wear down too fast if he had to play a whole game like that. Let's hope Jacobs can stay healthy this season, and btw, nice display of hands by Jacobs on a 13 yard reception.

Danny Ware looked just ok I thought running the ball. To be fair, he really didn't get too much help from the o-line though.
Allen Patrick showed nice speed but not a lot of muscle to go with it imo.

The Derek Hagan/Sinorice Moss/DavidTyree battle.
I think Moss is going to be much better at gaining separation and his receiving ability.
Hagan displayed his famous dropsies that got him cut from the Dolphins last year.
Tyree had a nice catch in traffic but unfortunately got called back.

I thought the punt returning was interesting.
Neither Moss or Manningham looked very comfortable. They both caught the ball well but made a couple mental mistakes. Moss trying to catch the ball at the 5 yard line (let it go). Manningham running backwards on his second return.
If I had to chose, Manningham looks to have the bigger upside.
Hixon last year looked to be light years ahead of both.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

my take on the giants play last night Empty Re: my take on the giants play last night

Post  Big_Pete Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:51 pm

I am a little surprised how little Eli passed in the first series, but that could be to see how Ware and Bradsahw go plus see how Jacobs does in the passing game.

I haven't seem the game yet (was at work) soI have it taped and will watch it this weekend
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down