TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Giants-Jets recap

2 posters

Go down

Giants-Jets recap Empty Giants-Jets recap

Post  Big_Pete Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 am

Here is a letter I sent to inside football.com about the Jets game

Here are my thoughts on the Jets game. Firstly we were a lot more physical across the entire team, particularly in the trenches which is great so see; we still have some ways to go but we have significantly stepped up since the Bears game.

We finally got to see a glimpse of what our passing game will be post Burress/Toomer. The passing game looks potentially very good. There were at least half a dozen times where WRs were in a position to make a play on the ball but didn't make the play. The WRs need to step up and execute better, but this should happen with experience. The big difference is that our passing game is already a lot more explosive with a lot of big play potential.

It is good to see our RBs continue to get more involved in the passing game. The area that concerns me the most is our secondary, they played well at times but there were far too many times when their receivers were too open, plus our DBs missed too many tackles. This may be due to mental lapses and inexperience (perhaps this where we miss Madison and McQuarters the most).

Our secondary, particularly our backups, needs tighter coverage and to tackle better, David Carr still looks rather shaky in the pocket despite making some throws; at the very least he needs to substantially improve his play under pressure. What I take out of the Jets game is a substantially better performance across the team, all in all it was a very solid outing.

We certainly aren't hitting our strides yet, but there is plenty of promising signs. We just need to bring it all together, when it all finally clicks we will be very dangerous. – Peter M
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Giants-Jets recap Empty Re: Giants-Jets recap

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Good post Pete. Sounds spot on.
One thing I would also add is how well the offensive line looked compared to last week.
Having Seubert and Snee back in there was a sigh of relief. I think Reyes and Boothe may be good enough for a series or two but if we have to rely on them for any longer than that it could spell trouble.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:53 pm

We certainly have work to do, but there are some promissing signs.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down