TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Training Camp Updates

Plaxico Burress

3 posters

Go down

Plaxico Burress Empty Plaxico Burress

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:26 pm

Burress Optimistic About New Deal: WR Plaxico Burress said on a radio interview yesterday that he is optimistic that his current contract will be restructured by the Giants.

"Honestly, I think my situation is going to be rectified before training camp," said Burress. "I’m not going to worry about it, but I did state that I was unhappy with my current situation with my contract. It’ll be worked out."

"I don’t want to go anywhere," said Burress. "I made that very evident. If I wanted to go somewhere else or if I didn’t want to be there, I would have let that be known, too. I’m going to come out and speak how I feel and tell you what’s right. But as far as me, I’m very happy where I’m at. I love the situation I’m in, I love the guys I play with, I love the city and I just love everything about me playing football up there. I just want to end my career there. I don’t want to travel all around the globe trying to play football. I’ll be 31 in August, so I just want to play my last five or six years there and end my career there and hopefully win another championship."

Plaxico Burress sounds more optimistic about reworking his deal with the Giants than he did during minicamp.

Although he reported to the recent three-day mini-camp, Burress did not practice because he said he was unhappy with the lack of progress in contract talks. Burress has three years remaining on his 6-year, $25 million contract that he signed in 2005.

Quotes: WR Plaxico Burress on TE Jeremy Shockey: "As far as Jeremy goes, everybody knows about the type of guy he is, the kind of emotion he brings to our team and the type of person that he is in the locker room. All the stuff that you guys hear out there on the outside is just so far from the truth. Jeremy is one of the reasons I came to play for the Giants. I’ve got a tight end that can get up and stretch the middle of the field. Jeremy’s become one of my best friends the past four years playing with them. Man, I would hate to see him go, but as you know, it’s a business side first and football second. So whatever happens to him, I wish him the best. Me first and foremost, I want him back as a teammate. We just have to wait and see what happens."
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Plaxico Burress Empty Re: Plaxico Burress

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:30 pm

First of all, great to see that the Giants and Burress may have a deal worked out soon, that is a great start.

It also looks like Burress is very committed to the Giants

His comments on Shockey are interesting; sounds like Shockey being gone is a very real possibility. Once again, resolving the situation amicably is the best option if that is possible; but there must be serious questions as to whether that is possible.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  deranged Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:31 pm

I knew it would get down. I did a blog update when I saw this because I think everyone else saw it coming.

Not a surprise. I give it 2 weeks.

deranged
mascot
mascot

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 pm

deranged wrote:I knew it would get down. I did a blog update when I saw this because I think everyone else saw it coming.

Not a surprise. I give it 2 weeks.

Probably even less

the real question is Shockey though unfortunately
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizan Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 pm

We all should have known a deal was gonna get done with Plax. I mean seriously you cant just trade a guy just because he wants paid what he's worth. I liked his comments about Shockey. Its funny how players continue to back him but the media and fans turn their back on him. I'm still optimistic Shockey is a Giant this season but thats for another thread.
Pizan
Pizan
All-Pro
All-Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down