TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

My latest mock draft 20/12/10

2 posters

Go down

My latest mock draft 20/12/10 Empty My latest mock draft 20/12/10

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Here is my latest mock draft/offseason

We now know the new DC and have some ideas of the scheme.

Assuming no major free agency signings and the RFAs return.

Positional Moves

1. Beatty to LT, Diehl to LG, Seubeet to bench

2. Aaron Ross to FS.
Fewell likes to use a single deep FS and lots of pressure. Ross has been training at safety last season and would be a good sit as a single deep FS (similar to what the Bills have done with Jairus Byrd and the Eagles did with Victor Harris (among others); Ross is physical and a good tackler plus we are likely to develop any rookie behind veteran starters. Moving Ross to FS would allow Phillips to play closer to the action and freedom to be used as more of a playmaker.

Draft

With no clear target - trade down in the first for an extra 2nd round pick
(possibly to New England to let them pick Dez Bryant)

1. DT Dan Williams, Tennessee (6-3, 327, 5.20)

Williams is a quick, powerfull DT to add to our rotation

2a. FS Nate Allen, South Florida (6-2, 205, 4.50)

Allen is quality centerfielder with good instincts and coverage skills.

2b. CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest (6-0, 190, 4.45)

Ghee is a quality all round CB, who is both physical and has good ball skills. He also adds speed at CB which Fewell may prefer.

3. MLB Pat Angerer, Iowa (6-1, 235, 4.50)

Angerer is a quality MLB who is physical, instinctive, with great speed, coverage skills and leadership. He also fits the more mobile MLB not unlike Pozlunzy. Angerer is a good compliment to Goff.
Seriously Angerer is my favourite MLB prospect.

4. OLB A.J. Edds, Iowa (6-4, 244, 4.70)

Edds is a quality OLB who could likely play any of our LB spots. He is mobile, instinctive and has good coverage skills.
I know this is two Iowa LBs, but they are both great fits and value.

5. DE Alex Carrington, Arkansas State (6-5, 284, 4.80)

Carrington is a big, fast DE prospect with ability to get to the QB. He would be a good fit developing behind Tuck at LDE.

6. QB John Skelton, Fordham (6-5, 258, 4.90)

Skelton is a talented QB prospect. If Carr leaves, we will need another QB. Bhomar ans Skelton would be a good tandem going forward.

7. P Zoltan Mesko, Michigan (6-5, 231, 4.75)

If Feagles leaves we need a punter and Mesko is the best of this year's group

Possible Roster

Offense (25)

Quarterback (3) - Eli Manning, Rhett Bhomar, John Skelton

Wide Receiver (6) - Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Ramsees Barden, Domenik Hixon, Derek Hagan

Tight End (3) - Kevin Boss, Travis Beckum, Bear Pascoe/Darcy Johnson

Running Back (4) - Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Aaron Brown, Gatrell Johnson/DJ Ware

Full Back (1) - Madison Hedgecock

Left Tackle (1) - William Beatty

Right Tackle (2) - Kareem McKenzie, Kevin Boothe

Left Guard (1) - David Diehl

Right Guard (2) - Chris Snee, Adam Koets

Centre (2) - Shaun O'Hara, Rich Seubert

Defense (25)

Left Defensive End (2) - Justin Tuck, Alex Carrington/Dave Tollefson

Right Defensive End (2) - Osi Umenyiora, Matthias Kiwanuka

Under Tackle (2) - Barry Cofield, Jay Alford

Nose Tackle (2) - Chris Canty, Dan Willians

Strong Linebacker (2) - Clint Sintim, Bryan Kehl

Middle Linebacker (2) - Jonathan Goff, Pat Angerer

Weak Linebacker (3) - Michael Boley, AJ Edds, Chase Blackburn/Gerris Wilkinson

Cornerback (5) - Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Brandon Ghee, Bruce Johnson, Kevin Dockery/DJ Johnson/Vince Anderson

Strong Safety (3) - Kenny Phillips, Michael Johnson, Aaron Rouse

Free Safety (2) - Aaron Ross, Nate Allen

Special Teams (3)

Kicker (1) - Lawrence Tynes

Punter (1) - Zoltan Mesko

Long Snapper (1) - Zak DeOssie

any thoughts?
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

My latest mock draft 20/12/10 Empty Re: My latest mock draft 20/12/10

Post  Big_Pete Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 pm

I don't think we will use a Tampa 2

Coughlin didn't run a Tampa 2 in Jacksonville and Jauron didn't run one in Buffalo. In fact the only Tampa 2 Fewell has been in has been under Lovie Smith (St Louis/Chicago).

I expect we will use alot of single deep safety (much like Ko Simpson and Jairus Byrd) , and alot of pressure. This means the SS will be used closer to the action more as a playmaker (like Whitner). In this system Phillips would be a great fit at SS imho.

Looking at the Bills LBs they have tended to be solid guys with good mobility, but certainly not Tampa 2 style guys. Having said that, Pozlunzy does have decent underneath coverage ability, so we likely will look to upgrade there.

I think we have alot of the pieces in place along the D-Line. Fewell did quite reasonably in Buffalo with his pass rushers, our Ends are a whole class better though. I think some depth upgrades will get the job done. The Bills have invested up front with Stroud and McCargo; but I think our rotation of Cofield, Canty, Alford and rookie (perhaps Williams) can be just as good, if not better.
Fewell likes to bring pressure and up front will certainly be able to build on what was built under Spagnuolo.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm assuming thay you think Pierce will be cut Pete, since he's not on your final roster.

Cutting Pierce would be a mistake at this point.
I realize his contract is expensive, but imo Pierce is still the best mlb we have. He's a team leader and can still give us one more year. Pierce is going into his last year of contract and that's when you usually get the most out of a player.

Goff has shown flashes but he really hasn't showed anymore than what Pierce gives us up to this point in time.

This being said. I think the Giants need to make a point to target a mlb. Free agency may be a little unrealistic financially to find that special player. If the player is that good, he will likely get franchised or be out of our price range anyway.

Draft is probably the way we go. Although, I don't think this draft is as deep as years past for linebackers.

I do like your idea Pete of drafting a little lower and picking up a player like Pat Angerer. Angerer seems much like a typical 4-3 mlb but has more ability than what Goff has shown thus far. Angerer doesn't play as stiff as Goff and has a good nose for where the ball is going.

Check out Pat Angerer in these highlights

56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Pete Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 pm

I think there is very little chance of Pierce, Clark, Robbins or Bernard coming back

I think Reese will move in another direction. Pierce is not the player he used to be
and is pretty much a two down LB - we have Goff who can do that.
I also think leadership, particularly on defense, was lacking. Pierce should take the blame
for alot of that.
On top of that Pierce is expensive and has the neck injury which will put his long term
status in some doubt.

Time to move on imho, let some of the young guys stand up and show what they can do.

Great highlight on Angerer, he is becoming one of my fav LB prospect in the draft.
He is a similar style of MLB to Vilma, Beason, DeMeco Ryans etc.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down