TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TouchdownBlue.com
Welcome to Touchdown Blue!

Come join our NY Giants community along with other Great Fans of the Game!

Please take a moment to register for free to discuss NY Giants Football and more.

Your friends @ TouchdownBlue.com
TouchdownBlue.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Giants News Alert

Giants News Wire
Similar topics
Training Camp Updates

Interesting trade idea

2 posters

Go down

Interesting trade idea Empty Interesting trade idea

Post  Big_Pete Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 am

Whilst a trading for the 1st is unlikely, I could se us trading up.

The other thing is that all the top teams want to trade down, it won't cost as much as it has historically.

also note Rams GM's comments
"When you're 1-15, there's a lot of different directions you can go," Devaney said. "There's pros and cons whatever way you decide to go."

Eric Berry is an interesting case, he is probably one of the top 2 players in the draft, but he will go alot lower.
Firstly the top teams have much more urgent needs at marque positions (which have genuine top talent) plus teams will be reluctant to pay the kind of money it would cost to sign a safety.

Here is my trade idea

How about trading #15 and Osi Umenyiora to Kansas City for #5? Can you say Mr Berry welcome to NY

The Chiefs get to a top edge speed edge rusher at OLB and can fill a key position at #15.

The Giants get good value from Osi and bring in a stud safety who will help transform the secondary.

for example drafting Berry that high would likely cost around 6 years, $60 million ($34M guaranteed) contract that Sanchez/Curry got last year.
Big_Pete
Big_Pete
Giants Legend
Giants Legend

Back to top Go down

Interesting trade idea Empty Re: Interesting trade idea

Post  56 Crazed Dogs Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 am

I'm not a fan of taking any safety that high. Especially giving up a big time pass rusher to do so.

Sign Darren Sharper, along with Kenny Phillips in the backfield and we'll be ok.

I still like Rouse as a back-up/potential starter.
56 Crazed Dogs
56 Crazed Dogs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down